New to hosting, need help understanding pricing please

David4374
Level 1
Júzcar, Spain

New to hosting, need help understanding pricing please

I have loaded pricing for a property at 55€ for base price, 2 people per night, I think.

I then indicated any extra persons at 22€ per person per night.

For other pricing, I have added a discount for a week or for a month.

For a week stay with a 22% discount, AirBnB shows a price of 350€ average.

For a month stay with a 60% discount, AirBnB shows a price of 728€ average. 

Those figures do not add up for me and I want to understand why not.

If I charge 55€ a night for one month, the sum is 55x30=1,650

If I charge 55€ a night for a week, the sum is 55x7=385

A discount of 60% on 1,650 is 990 so the total cost should be 660.

Is the difference perhaps the added fees, cleaning for example?

Also I input the price in the extranet but then I received a query from someone saying it appeared that I was asking for only 50€ for a month.  Why would that happen?  Have I done something wrong?

I also had a couple of other queries with pricing very different and lower than what I listed, is that because a potential guest can insert of suggested price that they want to pay?

Any feedback is appreciated.

4 Replies 4
Edna85
Level 2
Seaford, DE

A discount of 60% means you take that amount OFF.  What you are figuring is a 40% discount. (40% OFF)  If you want a 40 % discount, you will need to change the discount on your profile.

@David4374 your listing is showing the correct nightly pricing for me, but then the cleaning fee and airbnb service fee is added on.

You've also got a 20% discount for bookings made a month or more in advance, so a month booking for September works out at almost 80% off your total price (months stay at your listing will cost 13 euro/night). I'm not sure why you have such a huge discount for a month booking + the advanced booking discount, it's so cheap that you will get the worst type of guests.

Well, that's good to know.  I will make a price adjustment.  Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated.

Ricardo-Andre0
Level 2
Brasilia, BR

Ola Pesoal(Anfitrioes),

Iniciei esta semana e comigo tem ocorrido o relatado por DAVI5276