No longer receiving app sound notifications

Dani10
Level 3
Austin, TX

No longer receiving app sound notifications

On the app I used to hear a nice noise whenever I received an inquiry. I haven't heard that for a couple of weeks now.

I've checked all of my phone settings and don't believe I've changed anything. 

Is anyone else still getting sound alerts with the app?

6 Replies 6
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Yep, same here.  It is really frustrating.

Same thing for me--I've tried to fix it, but nothing...frustrating!

It's working for me now but sometimes I have to do one or all of the following:

1. Make sure your ringer is on and your volume is up. I know that seems obvious but that was the problem once for me!

2. Make sure your app is updated.

3. Re-start your phone.

4. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app has also worked for me.

Héloïse4
Level 1
Antwerpen, Belgium

I have the same... anybody knows how to get the old sound back?

Please!

It's working for me now but sometimes I have to do one or all of the following:

1. Make sure your ringer is on and your volume is up. I know that seems obvious but that was the problem once for me!

2. Make sure your app is updated.

3. Re-start your phone.

4. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app has also worked for me.

Ratna8
Level 2
West Java, Indonesia

Hi everybody,

This is not an isolated issue: I counted 15+ threads on the Community forum with similar problems (one or more forms of notification suddenly stopped). It is a persistent problem that AirBnB engineers still fail to solve (3 years after Dani10's message).

On 17 August 2019 I reported that suddenly I (and my co-host) no longer got an audible alert when a push notification or SMS from AirBnB arrived. On AirBnB's request I sent screenshots of my AirBnB app settings and Android notification settings. AirBnB support told me 2 days later that "this is a known issue and I have forwarded your concern to our Project Engineers." To date (11 November) the problem is NOT resolved.

In fact yesterday it got worse: no notifications whatsoever from AirBnB. I checked all AirBnB app and Android notifications settings - all correct. Nothing in spamfolders.

We now have to check the AirBnB app/site every 15 minutes to keep up our services to our guests.