Offering a discount after a confirmed booking

Answered!
Annie775
Level 2
Dionysos, Greece

Offering a discount after a confirmed booking

Hi there,

My guest has asked me for a discount after their booking was confirmed and processed. Can I offer them a discount at this stage?

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why would you want to offer a discount after a booking was confirmed? They booked on the basis of price they were given on booking?

sounds really cheeky of the guest to ask.

you can send them a special offer though if you want to. 

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why would you want to offer a discount after a booking was confirmed? They booked on the basis of price they were given on booking?

sounds really cheeky of the guest to ask.

you can send them a special offer though if you want to. 

Annie775
Level 2
Dionysos, Greece

Thank you Helen, I share your opinion, however I do not mind giving them a 10% discount but I cannot see how I can do this as the booking is now confirmed. Is that possible through the airbnb system?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

As I mentioned above you can send them a special offer. I can't see any reason for you to do so though. 

guests asking for discounts is often a sign of problem guests 

if you do want to do this I would say to guest you're happy to do this if on check out you find the property in good condition with no damage 

Thank you @Helen3 , I will do exactly that, I will offer a 10% discount provided that on check out the house is reasonably clean and there is no damage. As I do not charge extra for cleaning and do not ask for a deposit before hand, the above arrangement offers me an extra security.

Thank you very much for your advice.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Annie775 

I've never had this. I've frequently had guests ask for discounts before booking, but not after. Personally, I would consider it very cheeky, if not downright rude, and say no. However, if you're open to it, I think @Helen3 's solution is a really good one.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Annie775 

If you really want to offer a discount after reservation is confirmed:

You can use the "change" option on the reservation, click in the price-field and amend the price.

This will also recalculated service fees.