PSA: Check your shared spaces settings. BUG REPORT URGENT.

Answered!
David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

PSA: Check your shared spaces settings. BUG REPORT URGENT.

Hi everyone. I suggest you check your settings. There seems to be a new area for additional spaces information and it has a “shared spaces” button on each category. Many users are reporting that this button is often incorrectly set. 

CC201364-618E-4B31-8D86-44CAAC83FA9E.png

1 Best Answer
Airbnb
Official Account

Hello,

This month, Airbnb gave hosts a new way to update your listing's rooms and spaces that creates a bit more accuracy and transparency about the space itself, giving guests more details and enabling you to be more descriptive.

The first time you enter the new flow, we ask you to add the new information in a 3-step process. We’ve done our best to carry over your existing settings in the new flow so it’s less work for you. Importantly, none of the new, pre-populated information is live or saved to your listing profile until you hit “Save.”

Last week, we experienced a bug in Step 2 of the process where some homes marked as Entire places or Private rooms incorrectly had all the toggles for their rooms turned on by default to "Shared with others", when the toggles should have been set to “Private”.

This understandably caused some confusion, but rest assured that none of your settings were actually changed, and this information was NOT displayed to guests unless you hit “Save.”

We are in the process of fixing the bug and are currently updating the flow to make the steps a bit more clear. As always, we appreciate your partnership and thank you for hosting!

Thank you

View Best Answer in original post

30 Replies 30
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@David-and-Fiona0  Yes. This is HUGE.... there is already one thread about this huge data issue. I spent an hour fixing my listing this afternoon. I can't imagine how all the hosts who do not participate on this forum will deal with these issues.

At least half of the hosts in my neighborhood have changes that make their listing seem to be much less appealing. 

This can be categorized in the "clusterf••k" category.

Thanks. I didn’t realise it had already been posted. 

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA
Monika64
Level 10
New York, NY

@David-and-Fiona0 

Thanks for the heads up!!! I didn’t even see the other post ... and I cannot believe (AGAIN) that Airbnb doesn’t send out any notifications about these changes !!! 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@David-and-Fiona0 @Monika64 @Susan151 

omg 😄 thank you... I just checked my 2 bedroom apartment listing and you are right.... shared bedrooms . Just because there are 2 twin beds or 1 double bed it doesn't mean bedrooms are shared by me or other guests or someone else. Jesus!

sharedbedroom.jpg

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

Do you guys ever get notifications about any of these changes at all? 

I haven’t been on the CC for a while now ... well, because of life 🙂 ... and every time I come back I realize there are some major changes in important rules or huge bugs in the program which I would have NEVER known if not for the complains here.  

I set my settings multiple times and talk to tech (insert rolling my eyes here) but I never get the host newsletter either ... although I’m not sure that would even matter?

yeah, @Monika64  of course we are immediately notified, Brian Chesky has my number on a speed dial 😛 😛 😛

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

Goodness, this system (or the lack of info system really) is just so bad on so many levels  :-((((

@Branka-and-Silvia0 I'm so disheartened. I thought I was the one Brian always called first. 

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@David-and-Fiona0 

That's because an SQL programmer does not understand the nuances of what shared accommodation means and is applying inappropriate alterations and updates to code and tables, I suspect he/she probably hasn’t even read the data flow diagram or reviewed the data model for the database.

Remember one of the Airbnb’s corporate mantras is “fail fast”, while host do the bug fixing which incidentally is a very costly element of database development an apparently hosts will do it for free.

Wake up hosts and demand better…

@David-and-Fiona0thanks for the heads up Airbnb should be sending you a few bob (money) for your bug checking by the way if you think this is a fanciful notion it’s a well-established practise called "Bug bounty"

@Cormac0  Nor do they have the ability to think outside their tiny box. I don't have "Backyard" nor a front yard. My house is built in an L shape along 2 property lines, takes up 100 square meters, all the rest of the 300 sq. meter property is tropical jungled gardens. 

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

OMG

Thank you @David-and-Fiona0 for the heads up

Just found that all guests will be sharing their bed with others !!!!!!!!

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Thank you, @David-and-Fiona0! My treehouse bed was also shown as shared! 

The raccoons would love to share it with guests, but so far I have been holding them back 😉

Ha! I would love to see a trash panda up close. They don't live in Australia or Ireland where I am now. I have guests who would love to share their bed with my cockapoo Curly Murphy, but he is exclusively my bed warmer!