Pay less upfront not worked

Pay less upfront not worked

Hi , i need your help please . Im a host and i get a new reservation. My guest messaged me and said that she booked with the option Pay less upfront but the Airbnb charges all the amount. What can i do for my guest or what they need to do for solving that problem 

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Galini0 They need to call Airbnb on the number that you will find in a post pinned to the top of the help section in this forum.

Thank you so much 😊 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Galini0  Airbnb offers this option to some guests for some reservations. The host has no say in this and it isn't in a host's best interest to try to help the guest achieve this. There's reasons why it's sometimes offered and sometimes not. And as far as I'm aware, it wouldn't be offered if the booking is for a date coming up soon.

This guest may have a history of not following through with a second payment. 

Briana97
Level 1
Nashville, TN

@Sarah977 

@Galini0 

The reason that the Pay less option is available is because you have the guest has to book the trip 14 before the arrival date. If you are looking to book the trip and trip is less than 14 days away the option is no longer available. Unfortunately. 

In addition, the pay less upfront option is a plus for the hosts! It services stead cash flow. And also encourages guests to book in advance. 

@Briana97  The pay less upfront doesn't actually affect hosts one way or the other, because hosts don't get paid at all until after a guest checks in. And a guest's financial situation is none of my affair.

It actually becomes a problem for many guests who don't bother to read the fine print of the cancellation policies, because if they have only paid half upfront and cancel, they are under the impression that if they are due 50% back under the cancellation policy, they will get back 50% of what they paid upfront, but that isn't the case. 

The 50% refund is 50% of the total booking cost, so a guest who only pays 50% upfront will get no refund at all.