Payment, requested refund

Graciela16
Level 2
Guayaquil, Ecuador

Payment, requested refund

Hi, 

Do you guys know how long it takes to receive the payment? My guest just left today

My guest slammed the entrance door, breaking the glass. I have sent him a request for payment to repair it but he has not accepted. What should I do now?

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Graciela16  You should receive payment for the guest within 24 hours of check in.  If you are looking for damages payment, go to the Resolution Ctr and make a claim on the security deposit.  That is a separate process from a payout for the booking.

Judy1
Level 5
Toronto, Canada

To add to the advice posted above. If the guest does not accept the request for damage payments within 72 hours, you can ask Airbnb to get involved. Do remember to take lots of pictures that you can upload to your Resolution Centre case. You also have the option to upload replacement cost estimates. The more details you have, the more solid case you will be presenting. If you do not hear back after escalating the case, I would definitely call Airbnb and have a case manager look into it. If case manager decides that the guest is at fault, you will receive an email from the case manager and then get a payment email. Be patient and definitely provide as much detail as you possibly can. 

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Graciela16 Others mentioned payment via the Resolution Center, based on the guest's Security Deposit. However, your listing doesn't require a Security Deposit, so this particular incident will probably be quite dificult to resolve.

For the future, I highly recommend that you add a Security Deposit of $100 (USD) or more. To arrive at the appropriate amount, think of what it might cost you if a guest ruined a set of sheets and pillow cases, or a duvet cover, or broke another door, or created such an extreme mess that you had to hire a cleaning service above and beyond your standard cleaning. No matter what your nightly rate is, a deposit of $USS 100-200 (or more) isn't asking much. Keep in mind that guests don't actually even PAY that deposit; it's simply a pre-authorized amount that AirBnB can ding the guest for if necessary.

Robert78
Level 10
Suzhou, China

File a complaint with the police. Get a written report. Submit the report to Airbnb. If you have proof the guest broke the window to your door (witnesses), get a written testimony from said witness(es.)

The burden of evidence is yours alone. If all else fails, file a claim with your insurer (assuming you have one.)

Write a negative review for the guest.

And take a big, deep breath 😉