Payout for 28 day guest

Isaac4
Level 2
Washington, DC

Payout for 28 day guest

I have a guest with a 28-day reservation. The guest is halfway through his stay and I have received nothing.  On the Airbnb website, it says that reservations of 28 or more days are paid monthly.  I don't understand what that means, practically speaking.  The first of the month has come and gone, and like I said, he is halfway through his stay while I have been paid nothing.  I'm hesitant to ever take another longer reservation if this is how it works.  

5 Replies 5
Mario85
Level 1
New York, NY

That's odd, I normally get the payment after day one if the booking is under 30 days. If over 30 days, I get the 30 days first and the following 30 days once that period comes around

Thanks for your reply. What you describe is what I would have expected to happen.
Harry22
Level 10
Athens, Greece

Hey Isaac
Have you tried contacting Airbnb directly?
Or, even better, having the guest contact them?

Try this https://gethuman.com/phone-number/AirBnB

Regards,
Harry
Sharron34
Level 1
Witney, United Kingdom

Hi

I'm also a little confused by this.  I have my first reservation booked for 53 nights (scarey!). 

Reservation is from 8th June - 31st July.

In my host payout section it's saying I'll get 2 payouts - on Tuesday 6th / Thursday 7th August?

These aren't even correct dates as the 6th is a Friday and the 8th is a Sunday?

I'm very confused.  These dates are also listed against the discount section.

I'd be so grateful if someone could make sense of this for me.  I'm nervous enough having such a long stay as my first booking!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sharron34 

For a new host i would not recommend starting with long term stays (28 nights and longer). It can be prevented by reducing the maximum stay to shorter time periods. But now there is a reservation already in the basket, so let's go for it !

If reservation starts on 8th of june, then normally the first installment is paid 9th of june. The second installment is paid 1 month later

For new hosts there can be delays, but it seems odd to me your first payment will be in august, after the reservation has already ended.

Please check your Transaction History pages (upcoming transactions) for details