Payout issues

Althea0
Level 2
Mauritius

Payout issues

We have been hosting with Airbnb for over 6 years and any issues faced were dealt with rather professionally by Airbnb staff before. We are also Superhost so it shows the quality of our accommodation and service. 

However, we are now living a nightmare without any help nor support from Airbnb. On the contrary, we are even experiencing inefficiency and rudeness with someone hanging up on us instead of helping us. We have hosted a few guests already with very good reviews, have a long list of arrival for the next three months, and are not receiving any payout from Airbnb. While our peers, who aren’t Superhost, are receiving their payouts regularly. Is this the treatment Airbnb provides to Superhosts?

We have sent messages, spoken to many “ambassadors “ with the same exact answers: it has been escalated and we will contact you.  Of course, up to now, no one has called nor has the problem been solved. 

My question is what do we do now:  we cannot keep hosting for free so do we lay off our staff who depend on this job to feed their families? And we tell our guests that their payments have been withheld by Airbnb and we cannot provide the service we usually do because we cannot pay the staff and can’t purchase resources needed for the accommodation? 

This matter is extremely urgent and we aren’t facing this issue with any other service providers, except Airbnb. So the problem can be resolved with a minimum of goodwill from Airbnb and we would appreciate that the payments are effected ASAP so that we receive past dues before our next guests arrive next week. 

Awaiting your feedback on if or when we will receive the past dues if you know. 

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Althea0 You are talking to fellow hosts here not Airbnb so there is little we can do other than advise.

Have you checked your payout routing in your account? Worst case you have been hacked and your payments are going elsewhere. Alternatively they are going to an old bank account.

Have you verified your identity with Airbnb? If not money laundering rules may hamper payments

What does it say regarding payouts under transactions? There may be something there.

If none of the above then hope @Nick can help or take to Twitter and barrage Airbnb with public protests. If all else fails I don't know if there is a small claims court you can use in your jurisdiction.

Dear @Mike-And-Jane0 , 

many thanks for your reply and your advices. Much appreciated. 

We wanted to know if other hosts are experiencing the same issues and are as frustrated as us by the complete lack of response for CS. 

on our side we can confirm that the bank account are ok, that our ID has been verified. 
The transaction history shows all payments listed as upcoming. 

We will contact @Nick to see if he can help. 

many thanks again. 

Althea. 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I'm sorry to see you have been experiencing this issue @Althea0 

I forwarded all the information you provided to the team so they can have a look and update your case. I will send you a DM when I know more.

Thank you 

Thank you for your message @Nick 

Our issue with the payout has been solved. Many thanks for your help. 

It was a weight on our shoulders. We can now focus on hosting.

Thanks again,

Best

Althea

unfortunatley we have the same issue that airbnb withholding our payouts for no reason,every time i called them they say will resolve the issue but nothing happens,now almost two weeks and no money coming to my account

Hi Adnan-Enayid0,

Thank you for your message with our apologies for the late reply.

Has your issue been sorted? Ours has been after weeks of calls and messages.

We would be interested to know,

Best 

Althea