Persons not charged

Persons not charged

Hi everyone! Today I notice somthing and I need a help fixing it. I have one request for apartment 4 persons are in regular price and 5th persons selected is an extra persons and I charge it 12€/night. But today I notice that guest select 4 adults and 1 infant and infant is for free? Why is that so? I charge infants as well as I provide the baby crib, baby feeding chair and things like that. Why Airbnb won't allow me to charge an infant? I think that hosts have to decide whether to charge an extra person or not, it is not Airbnb call!  

3 Replies 3
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Neva2

Unfortunately that is the way it is on airbnb.  I have chosen not to accept infants.  

You can try and add in your description and house rules that you charge extra person fee for infants - then change the booking in retrospect to include the charge for the extra person.  

Thank you for your answer! In my opinion that is really not correct from Airbnb. I'm Airbnb member for 3 years and nothing similar hapened to me. Now I have to discus with my guests to select 5 adults insted of 4 adults and an infant. And nobody notice me that something changed!! 

@Neva2

It has been a hot topic on the forum for some time now.  Changes are never announced so the best option is to consult the forum as often as you can.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Children-under-2-Free-NO/m-p/256493#M29297