Pet fees

Debra73
Level 2
Lansing, NC

Pet fees

I have scoured the comments and questions about pet fees, but it seems there are many unanswered questions - similar ones - but no clear answers and advice!  Is anyone else exasperated?

I sometimes find myself is the situation of having a confirmed reservation and then finding out that, the guests forgot to mention they'd be bringing their dogs.  So....please, someone tell me how to go about adjusting the price to reflect the additional, non-refundable pet fee.   Do you do a special offer and simply add that pet fee amount to the previous total that they were given?  Seems like something less than transparent, total disclosure that way.  Hmmm.....

I am happy with all the traffic airbnb is bringing us, but customer service is truly appalling. 

Totally confused about adding pet fees.  Any help appreciated.

2 Replies 2
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Debra73 There is no price option for pets so it can only be done either by "special offer" or requesting money after the booking has been made. But to comfort you, another bigger older booking site doesn't offer such an option, either.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Here is how we add the Pet Fee (before they arrive):

Adding a Pet Procedure

1. Determine if a guest if bringing a pet
  2. They are and have accepted the $20/pet/day fee (or whatever you want to charge)
  3. Tell the guest that you will be adding the fee through the Airbnb Resolution Center. Give them the link: https://www.airbnb.com/resolutions
  4. Request Money
  5. Other trip related services
  6. Enter the TOTAL amount
  7. Skip Photos
  8. Under “Add Note” type “Pet Fee $20/pet/night = $_____”