Photos are cropping weird

Lauren2336
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

Photos are cropping weird

Hello! So, we have finally listed our Airbnb cabin that we’ve spent almost a year fixing up, and I uploaded some photos I took - but SO many seem to crop themselves in an odd way! Even when it appeared that Airbnb preferred the photos to be landscape rather than portrait, it still would crop them! I tried re arranging the photos, thinking that maybe it is a set order of horizontal vs vertical, but that didn’t work either. Neither did taking new photos, etc.  anyone have any tips!? Help!!!! I feel like we are missing out on a lot of great photos for our listing.  

7 Replies 7

So are a few of mine. Wondering if you were able to figure it out. 

Brennan19
Level 1
Chicago, IL

I’m experiencing the same thing! I uploaded phots from my phone when we first listed, just to get it on the market, and those were fine. I just paid a professional photographer to come and some beautiful pics but when I uploaded the photos and previewed my listing AirBnb auto cropped them in the weirdest way. When I first upload them it looks great but then when it goes live it’s cropped horribly. SOS! 

Jay-Lynne0
Level 2
Blanco, TX

I have also been having this "cropping of photos" issue for some time. I just spoke to the help desk and was informed they are working on the issue now and hope to have it resolved soon. At least they are aware of the problem but I have no idea what "soon"  means. I intend to check back periodically by trying to upload new photos then continue to contact them to be a squeaky wheel, so to speak. It probably wouldn't hurt if more members inquired directly (not on the community platform) to let them know we do consider it a real problem that perhaps needs a higher priority.

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

Same issue here. I have lots of portrait photos from before, they look fine. Tried to upload a new one today, it is cropped to landscape, and does not work at all! .Wonder how long it will take Airbnb to solve this, seems many of us have bern contacting them for quite a while, but no solution yet...

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

Oh no - I forgot about this issue yesterday, took some new photos, added captions, re-arranged the order - all looked well when looking at the ad as a host. Then checked as a guest (preview), and all of the new portrait photos are cropped to landscape. My nice, new photo of the bathroom now only shows a piece of the toilet... My old portrait photos look fine, as do the ones I uploaded a few weeks ago.

Does anyone know why it sometimes foes not work, and how to fix it?

I can see from several posts here that this has bern an issue for YEARS, that Airbnb have been working on fixing - one would think that they would be able to solve it soon...

Kristen-and-Mike0
Level 2
Arroyo Grande, CA

Ugh. This is such a problem. Did anyone figure it out? My photos are having to be deleted until we get this fixed as they look ridiculous. You would think with all the money we are giving Airbnb they could get this fixed. Even the horizontal ones are cropping off the bottom of the photo. Anybody have help?

Jasmin731
Level 1
Bicheno, Australia

Hi Everyone, I am having this problem now. Do you know how to fix it?