Pilot Program - invitation superhosts

Angela46
Level 2
Redondo Beach, CA

Pilot Program - invitation superhosts

Hello Fellow Superhosts!

I received an invitation to be a part of a special pilot program - has anyone participated in this? They will send out a photographer and will take a look at your home. Would love to know more information if anyone has participated. 🙂

9 Replies 9
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Is this a different offer than the regular free professional photography they offer in some areas?  When I first listed I received a notice saying my space was eligible for their professional photography.  When I investigated, I received a notice that it wasn't yet available in my area.

That said, I am not yet a superhost..

Hello @Angela46

Yes! We received our invitation last night for both of our listings ( located at the same address) 

& we were excited about the new program. Did you move forward with it ? What happened ? 

I did choose one of our listings & set up the photography date & then went to set up the second listing but there are no dates listed. Quite confusing as it keeps popping up with "spotlight your listing." Wondering now if you can only choose one or the other - but it doesn't say that. No email listed to ask questions so not sure what to do now. Yours is the only post I see on this subject so I'm happy to have found you !

Hi! I  have not moved forward with this as I have been booked and haven't had time to schedule a photographer. But that said, I don't know how much this program will cost so I have to do more research.

@Angela46 Thanks for being in touch. Hopefully, we will be provided with more info soon. Let's stay in touch. 

Louise102
Level 2
Arcadia, CA

Hey guys, 

Yes, I've been participating with this new program but don't have a lot of information yet. Currently I have recieved two big boxes of new bedding for the beds in our listing as well as 4 king sized pillows (but standard pillowcases?). The professional photographer is actually here right now shooting for the new look of the listing. They say that they will promote our home because of the amenities we provide and the upscale look of our listing. We are usually full, do miss some days here and there for sure, but we do well. Maybe that is why? At first we thought someone had complained about our bedding? 🙂 

When the photographer arrived she had a huge list of things to check and see if we had! Airbnb had sent a list of things we needed, but quite a few things she inquired about were not listed on the list sent by Airbnb. Thankfully we had everything though! Then they take pictures of everything-- inside of fridge, dishwasher and oven! I think she even took pictures of everything in the cupboards and closets?

Anyway, I can' t find any write-ups on this new program. Has anyone else heard anything? 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

How much does it cost @Louise102

Ivan-and-Wendy0
Level 5
San Francisco, CA

I'm pretty sure this hosting pilot is airbnb "Select"...

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/22/15856738/airbnb-premium-tier-hotels

I'm curious if anyone has any further experience to report. We've been invited in SF, so would love to hear any impressions.

Thanks!

Hi! 

From what I understand, they come to your house and do an inspection and take new photos. The person who's inspecting your place for quality, checks off to see if your listing amenities are accurate and recommend any improvements. I heard there may be costs later down the road, but you can always opt out and your old photos will be restored. If you do opt out, you won't be able to opt back in to be in the Select program. Thanks for sharing the article! I was considering this as well. 

Julia443
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I was invited and have had the photos taken and all the questions answered etc. However the system seems to be broken. They keep sending me a link to do the final step but it just takes me to the home page. I have asked for help 8 times now. On each occasion they just send me another link to the home page. I'm about ready to give up 😞