Please advise I cant get hold of my local guest

Candice43
Level 1
Swellendam, South Africa

Please advise I cant get hold of my local guest

Hi there, 

I was hoping someone could please give me some advice regarding a booking. 

I have a guest [guest name hidden] who is confirmed, accepted and should arrive in 3days time. 

I have been communicating with the guest since the booking, on all platforms suggested in the other conversations. 

The guest joined AirBNB this month, this year, December 2017. There is no profile picture, the email address given is the AirBnB one you get when registering. 

The number given goes straight to voicemail. I have emailed, messaged on Airbnb platform, tried calling and smsing to no avail. 

The guests are from Australia but have been working in a nearby town for a couple of months (this info was given in the booking request) He said he was bringing a friend and that they intended to rest for 7 days. 

I desperately need to know if they are still coming as I have declined previous requests who have asked me to let them know of any cancelations. I also need to know if they are definetly going to arrive, as I need to make arrangements for their arrival and keys. 

My gut is telling me that they wont be coming. 

What should I do?

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

Due to respect privacy of your guest, i sent you private message

I think you should not cancel too quick, just because of some "gut" feeling.

After all there is a confirmed reservation and there is a (moderate) cancellation policy attached to it.

Best,Emiel

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

What has prompted your feeling the guests won't come @Candice43?  I see that you have 4 automatic host cancellation reviews out of 8 reviews.  Without explanation response as to what caused you to cancel, a potential guest might think cancelling is no big deal to you.  Unless you want to cancel these guests, you will have to just wait it out.  Be careful as your listing could be in danger of suspension.  I hope you get this sorted out and if you are able to add a response to the automatic cancellation review, that would be helpful for potential guests to feel more comfortable.

@Candice43   Call airbnb and ask them to contact the guest they will have their personal email on file.  Any problems and Airbnb can cancel if need be, which saves you a penalty and a "Host Canceled" on your listing.

I'm in a similar situation, I have a no-show and she won't respond.  I contacted Airbnb and they are trying to contact the guest so I'm leaving it up to them now to solve the mess.