Please list price range accuracy

Florence468
Level 1
Asheville, NC

Please list price range accuracy

I feel it is misleading that room rates are shown to guests based on the lowest price listed on my calendar vs. an accurate range that reflects my actual prices. I just had a guest book who is confused as to why she was charged $98/night when the listing says $79. My room rates vary from $69-$121, depending on the day of week, if it's a holiday, etc. She booked Wed-Sun, so paid a range. Since she's paying a range, can't Airbnb list the range?

Currently it says: $79/night
Why not say: '$79-$98' ?

If I was booking, I'd want to see the reality of pricing vs. just the lowest price. Does anyone else feel this way? For me, it's a question of honesty, integrity, and clarity in empowering guests to make choices that best suit them.

ATTN AIRBNB: This is a request that you make an adjustment to include an accurate price range.

Thank you,
Florence

2 Replies 2
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Florence468 @ how will Airbnb know for which dates are the guests booking? What if they are looking now but for 6 months in the future for example and your price then is 121$? Tell your guest that she can enter the correct dates and number of people before searching an area and she will get the correct price for her stay.

When I booked in the past you could see a hosts entire calendar and see that for instance weekends were higher then weekdays.  Or that holidays were a different rate.  I wish they would bring that back.