Plushyhost

Plushyhost

Hello!

We are considering having a management company help with hosting our established airbnb.  Does anyone have experience with this or advice?  We are specific considering plushyhost.  Any other recommendations?  

Jessie

32 Replies 32

Hi Sarah, we have a team of great people that help us provide excellent service our owners, guest and vendors, although there are at least a few stuffed animals floating around the office. 😁

Hi Jessie,

We are happy to share homeowner references if you would like to reach out to one of our existing clients. If we may be of any assistance in this regard please feel free to visit our website and schedule a time that works best for you and we will give you a call.

Thanks!

I am in the process of signing up with you and i asked for references and you told me you do not give out references as you do not want to bother your clients??Could you care to explain this discrepancy?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why bother @Atiq6 . Personally I would always choose any experienced Superhost or mainly five star host over a management company. The personal touch from someone whose reputation is at stake and whose reviews you can see on their listing is in many cases likely to be a better fit that an anonymous management company who often don't even operate a service in the evenings/weekends.

If a company won't provide references it raises huge red flags over their credibility.

https://www.bbb.org/us/az/scottsdale/profile/vacation-rentals/plushyhost-1126-1000058216/complaints

https://www.stayz.com.au/holiday-rental/p7737443?noDates=true

Why not post on one of the Florida host groups and ask for recommendations.

Hi Helen,

We always provide references upon request and did so in this instance (thanks for signing up Atiq, hope you were able to connect with Rick regarding his experience working with us in Florida!). We do not give out owner contact information without prior approval, however, and it is true that we typically do not like to bother multiple clients with duplicate requests coming from the same person. 

Thanks!

Hi Atiq,

Were you able to connect with Rick regarding his experience working with us in Florida?  Happy you were able to connect with Kristin and please let us know if you need anything else prior to onboarding.

Thanks!

I had a scheduled call with one of Plushyhost "senior consultant".  Well, I didn't get a call the 1st time so I went online again to reschedule the call. This time I didn't get a call but I got a text minutes before our scheduled call apologizing that they aren't able to help.  What can I say, at least they got back the 2nd time around... better late than never.  But I would appreciate to get a call and explain why they can't help instead of a text.  It doesn't have to be a 30 minute conversation but the decency to get on the phone and talk to a person.  I'm aware  in this day and age we do everything online and avoid human interaction. But real estate is a people's business.

Hi Alyn,

Apologies for any frustration.  It may have been an issue relating to the property's location and it being outside our service area, but we are certainly happy to give you a call and discuss. Please feel free to email us at info@plushyhost.com or schedule another call with reference to Airbnb's community forum.

Thanks!

Peter2520
Level 1
Montrose, CO

If you feel the need to hire a property manager, I'd recommend dealing with a company with a longer history. Plushy seems new and have they questionable rewiews and property descriptions. 

Tia7013
Level 2
Davis, CA

Plushy Hosts was extremely difficult to communicate with, which made our experience terrible. My boyfriend and I were planning to stay at a Plushy Host-managed property in Kauai from March 19-March 28. However, we were unable to, due to COVID-19 travel restrictions and safety concerns. We are grad students in Seattle and were advised by both our school and governor not to travel. Even Hawaii’s Governor urged all tourists to cancel all non-essential travel. We reached out to both VRBO and Plushy Host multiple times weeks before our scheduled travel date to notify them of our mandatory shelter-at-home policy. We continued to call through the dates of our scheduled trips. While VRBO was somewhat helpful, Plushy Host flat out refused to give us ANY refund, or even offer travel credits. Even though we were told by one representative (Quinn?) that Plushy would provide a refund as long as it was approved by VRBO, later representatives (i.e. Mary) told us inconsistently that no refund at all would be given. The reason provided was that Plushy’s cancellation policy was strict, and did not allow for refunds. However, when we asked on multiple occasions to see the policy, we were only ever sent HomeAway’s policy (which encourages refunds in the spirit of hospitality) and we still have never once been able to read Plushy’s cancellation policy. It is not posted online and we have never received an email with it. It is inconceivable that a company would enforce a cancellation policy without ever even allowing their customers to read/review it. We asked three times to speak with a manager to explain our situation and were either told that there was no manager on site, or that they would have the manager call us back within 24 hours. We never received any calls from any managers. We were even told by two separate VRBO representatives that they would personally reach out to Plushy themselves to tell them to process the refunds, but to no avail. We were ultimately charged the FULL AMOUNT for all 9 nights, INCLUDING cleaning and service fees. Although we understand COVID-19 is creating difficult conditions for businesses, we feel that Plushy's lack of any type of flexibility essentially amounted to both: (1) encouraging travel against government advisories, and (2) seeking to profit off of a global pandemic. We are both very reasonable people and can be sympathetic to businesses during this time. But as customers, we also ask for some flexibility in light of the circumstances, just as the majority of other corporations/companies have done in light of the pandemic. At the very least, we would have expected to receive consistent answers and to be treated with respect, but Plushy told us they would provide us with a refund, only to deny it later. We were also hung up on multiple times and never received return calls when we were promised them. As students, this was a huge chunk of money for us. We felt that we were doing the right thing by canceling our trip, but we were met with zero flexibility by the host. Overall, the lack of concrete answers, responsiveness, and any sense of understanding by the host has made this a very stressful and terrible experience for us.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you posted on their social media @Tia7013  @Plushy0 

@Helen9 I tried their Facebook, but they are not active on it. And I believe their Twitter is private. Just trying to get their attention! Thanks for your support. 

They managed my property and were fired after numerous issues. They cost me thousands.... better without them.

Joshua710
Level 2
Boise, ID

I know this is an older post but just wanted add to the warnings about Plushyhost.  Avoid at all costs!  They are dishonest and shady.  Falsely advertise properties such as listing amenities that they do not have and posting misleading photos.  Horrible customer service.  They are gaining a very bad reputation and a history of ripping people off.  I am shocked that Airbnb and VRBO even allow them to advertise their properties still.  They should be banned to protect customers.

Do not use Plushy!!!!! Horribly unprofessional. I will never use them again