Price showing up inaccurately

Lydia352
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Price showing up inaccurately

Does anyone know how to resolve the issue of pricing displaying inaccurately? If no dates are selected, my listing shows up as $180/night despite that that is not what I charge on any day, ever. All my days cost the same as I only host monthly stays. I have my base price, and nightly price on the calendar set to $85 which is average for my area. So now if someone was just browsing, I show up as approx $100 more than anyone else around me. This is for sure causing me to lose traffic.

Previously, the price on my calendar was erroneously defaulting to $180. Someone from CS was able to help me get it to default correctly but the dateless search display price never updated. When dates are selected the correct price shows up. I have tried raising and lowering the price slightly, as well as adding on and taking away monthly discounts in an effort to jolt it into updating but the $180 is just frozen solid.

It's been five days now calling and messaging CS and so far the only response from tech support is that the nightly price always shows up including the fees. I told them this is not true and sent a few links to nearby listings to prove it. Furthermore if it were the issue the display price should adjust when I raise or lower the pricing. Additionally, it was showing as $180 when the calendar was erroneously defaulting to that price, not an inflated sum to accommodate fees.

Anyone have a solution? Haaalp!   

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands