Price tips

Answered!
Dawn14
Level 2
Sea Palling, United Kingdom

Price tips

Where have the price tips gone. I used to see them, but they have disappeared?

Gray

1 Best Answer

Replaced by Smart Pricing.  You can go to the date and turn on smart pricing for that day and it will give you the tip for that day.  

View Best Answer in original post

14 Replies 14

Replaced by Smart Pricing.  You can go to the date and turn on smart pricing for that day and it will give you the tip for that day.  

I can't find out where you turn on smart pricing for a day? 

Any advice welcomed. 

Ephraim0
Level 10
New York, NY

Good riddance, those price tips were absurd as far as I'm concerned.

I totally AGREE - I could reduce my prices to something between $50 - $70 per night and be GUARANTEED to be TOTALLY BOOKED OUT....probably, year round

BUT WHO would pay to replace the bed linen after 6 - 8 such visits for (as oft suggested) just a single night stay - AND at THAT price WHO could POSSIBLY afford even their OWN time to simply CLEAN 128m^2 of fully carpeted floor space?

The recommended price MIGHT work for Airbnb but THEY have a near ZERO cost platform from which to run THEIR business, the impracticality of those recommendations is purely INSULTING - unless you have a masochistic tendency, IGNORE, or better still, RIDICULE the INANITY of it all....

When AIrbnb pays YOU for the swapped out towels, that missing spoon, broken dish, or dirty finger smudge on that wall or TV (which only your NEXT guest would ever notice) and then allows a truly open and FRANK converation re: reviews - THEN and only THEN will this business start to become VIABLE for anyone bold enough to offer up THEIR PROPERTY for Airbnb to exploit!

This comment should only be interpreted to pertain to Airbnb insofar as ONLY they push riduculously unviable price recommendations - I SPIT on them for that.

When I first listed MY property on Airbnb, mine was the 65th property listed in the STATE of NSW, some of the features which originally attracted to me to this site, have been gradually eroded away - an interesting phenomena for an INDOOR business

Don't get me completely wrong - Airbnb is still in my view, value for host and guest

BUT the lunacy driving perhaps novice property owners, to unviable pricing strategies, must be PUNISHED.

This creates a race to the BOTTOM because older and wiser owners will eventually be FORCED to respond,

THEN EVERYONE except the guest, LOSES.

CORRECTION - AIRBNB with a minimum nightly booking fee of $13, actually DOESN'T LOSE.

Whether you charge enough to cover that fee or NOT, is IRRELEVANT to Airbnb's real business model

$13/night for 90% occupancy across the Country, is better than 2.5% of say $70/night in only 25% of the 

available accommodations - so WHO are they expecting to pay for their desired level of profit?????

If you're reading this, I dare you to take a guess...

@Garry13 I'm worried when Airbnb goes public, and people scream for more dividends. I suppose it's just a matter of time.

cheers

Yes, I see no evidence of this business model improving the lot of the property owners.

And such is the nature of free market capitalism.

Yep it's otherwise known as exploitation, sometimes, even fraud.

This particular practice is travelling horrendously close to the latter.

@Garry13 Not sure if you are trolling or not but I give you the benefit of the doubt. It is not exploitation becasue it is a voluntary market.

If conditions for sellers are undesirable sellers will withdraw from the market, limiting supply. if supply is limited market conditions will improve for sellers and more sellers will enter the improved market (or more buyers will leave the less-favorable market for buyers). This eqalibrium between buyers and sellers and supply and demand is what keeps the world in balance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_market

@Ephraim

Absolutely agree I was charging 200 a night and it suggested that I offer a 10% discount.... So, I dropped my price to 140 a night a 30% discount and what was the tip, I should offer a 10% discount. Complete and utter nonsense and just shows there's absolutely no science behind it.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

Lenie0
Level 1
Caloocan, Philippines

How can I undo price tips?

Lenie, I played with these price tips when they first came onto the site a few years ago - haven't touched them since - they are POISON to the property owner.

I seem to recall, from way back then, that once you accept price tips, in order to get RID of them, you have to re-input your nightly prices manually (and we ALL know how much fun that is).

The system may have been enhanced since then, but that was MY early experience of this ridiculous Airbnb marketing 'strategy'.

Good luck to you all, and I just hope you have the sense to see the FOLLY of this price setting 'device'.

GAZ.