Private notes on guests thru calendar

Willene1
Level 9
Kaleden, Canada

Private notes on guests thru calendar

I have been adding Private Notes that guests do not see, such as names of guests staying, issues I had with them or things I liked about them and whether I’d want to host them again or not. I was hoping these notes would stay associated with their profile in case they rebooked for next year as most say they want to return ( some I do not want back ). I am new as of June 2019 and just noticed that the June calendar with guest photo and my notes disappear. Does anyone know if they book again with me, will these notes show up for me or not? It would be nice if it would. I would not like if I have to keep a manual record of each and every one. Thought I’d ask now before more months disappear. Thank you in advance.

7 Replies 7
Willene1
Level 9
Kaleden, Canada

Update:   I just noticed that if I pull up Archived Messages, my Private Notes are still there. Pleased to see.  I did not notice this before. 

I do still wonder if they will pull up when the same guests rebook. 

@Willene1 

I had no idea we can write private notes about a guest 🙂

But yes, if someone has stayed with you before you will see your entire conversation when he contacts you again

That’s good to know too that the messages also stay. 

The private notes are on the Details tab under the Payout display. It says “These won’t be shown to guests” so I like to note details of their stay and anything that went wrong and if I’d want them back if not. I’m sure in a year if some rebook, I won’t remember if they were a desirable guest or not. 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Willene1, If a guest re-books with you (using the same profile) the previous message thread with all past correspondence will appear. So I assume your notes would remain there as long as you are looking in the messages screen.

Willene1
Level 9
Kaleden, Canada

I have a new related question. I put a note on the calendar when someone cancelled on short notice, then got a booking for these same days, and added a note about their stay.  When I go to go to look at my note(s) it says there are multiple notes for this date.  If I delete that message, it then shows no notes.  Does anyone know how I can either read the notes or delete the note on the cancelled guest so I can read and keep the new guest?  Thank you in advance. 

Romano6
Level 3
Florence, Italy

I add the guest name for blocked reservations we receive outside of AirBnB. This way know who the guest is. Is there a way to print a report of the calendar notes?

Nicky148
Level 1
Manly, AU

I saved private notes for guests ahead of their arrival re their special requests but they have all disappeared! Pls help?.