Problem Las Vegas

Leo2558
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Problem Las Vegas

Attention Las Vegas airbnb! Yesterday I had a new problem with a guest and it was the third time so this may be a pattern! - With the Covid 19 issue, demand has decreased a lot, so when it's not rented on the day I lower the value, and this draws attention to guests from Las Vegas itself! So the problem I have is that Las Vegas guests are looking for prices lower than the Standard for an apartment or house, so they can be alone in the house, never with residents inside! they only rent for one night, and they always seem to be communicative, so after they check out and you come in, the house is all clean and i noticed they move things around and organize it makes it catch your eye in a positive way, but in fact they are meticulously looking for little things that we don't miss and steal! Yesterday's guest even took the smoke detector batteries 😞 apart from other small things, they never take anything that we notice at the moment! So pay attention when renting to residents resident the same city in my case Las Vegas, which paid smaller amounts and who stay only 1 night in the house or apartments alone, also check after checking out if the house is totally clean and things are stored differently and linearly! I hope that in some way I have helped the community!

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Apparently your marketing strategy is "heads in beds" with same day, unreviewed guests allowed.  Given your location that might be the best way to go, but I would not be comfortable with it.  If volume is important and works out financially, then you would have to budget in the losses.  I wonder if there is a mentality of visitor that if it isn't nailed down, it is free to the guest.  People take whatever they can from hotels, some gratis and some not.  Hotels, especially the really big ones, seem faceless and impersonal.  I wonder if you were able to establish a rapport with your guests, even last minute ones, if they would understand how personal your listing is.  Just a thought.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Leo2558  Not everyone's hosting model facilitates one night bookings at rock bottom prices. If you want better quality guests, raise your prices, set a 2 or 3 night minimum and 2 days advance notice and vet your guests before deciding whether to accept.

Edmond61
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

This happened to me in Kansas city. A local came there and he was caught on camera stealing items including my Social Security  Card and Passport while I was out if the house

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Edmond61 First, why was a camera inside your house? You could have gotten suspended. And, two, if this is a shared space, why wouldn’t you lock any type of valuables in a personal safe in your locked bedroom?