Problem with first book and reviews

Alexandre724
Level 1
Toulouse, France

Problem with first book and reviews

Hello, from september to the begin of november i was in the very first appartment i booked using AirBnB.
But things didn't go as planned.

At arrival we noticed that trash can and cendar were not empty and fruit were rotting on the balcon but didn't inform the host of that and didn't took photo of it because we didn't think too much of it.
We found roaches in the bathroom and inform the host which give use poison, so we placed it and killed some. we didn't see any more of them for some times but found way more bigger one later on. As my friend have a phobia of them we just tell the host that we need to leave as he can't sleep here anymore and explained why (Internet was malfunctionning at this moment and the host was also aware).
She kindly refund us all the night we were supposed to stay and we just left and find another AirBnB.
My problem comes from the fact that i didn't want to write a review for the appartement because i didn't want to cause trouble as she refund us and kindly accept our departure but she dit it for me and the review is not that good. She says we "cancel their stay without any discussions" which is false and forgot to tell about roaches on purpose and say we left the flat very dirty despite we actually clean but didn't take picture to prove this.
So now i would like to know what the best way to deal with this ? Should i just answer the message and explain my point of view or is there another option ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 Replies 2
Md-Mizanur1
Level 10
BSB, Brunei

Dear Alexandre

We are really shocked reading your first experience. The most of the Airbnb property managed by home owner, host or by co-host. In your case what we found the host or co-host not careful about their property. They should clean the place before new guest check in.

I have my personal opinion next time before you book the property kindly see review about that  property and host services. You could find lot of property in same area. If you could not find alternative you could send text message to the host and you can ask about the property and their facility.

Hope you will stay with Airbnb and looking forward to hear good experience from you.

With best regards

Mizanur

@Alexandre724  You have the option of posting a public response to the host's review, which will be visible to any host you attempt to book with in the future. This gives you a chance to clarify your reasons for requesting a refund and correct any statements that you believe to be misleading.

However, if you intend to use Airbnb again in the future, I recommend being careful not to use language that might appear to be disparaging the host. If you give the impression that you're the kind of guest who is likely to cancel a booking over a minor issue, or make negative comments against your host, nobody will want to host you.