Problems with Airbnb website

Ben13
Level 2
Sizun, France

Problems with Airbnb website

Hi,

I hope people are able to assist.  I will declare outright that, as a host, I am not a big fan of the Airbnb website as I feel it works better for travellers than for hosts and all of the problems I have experienced in the past with it have either been resolved or I have worked round but now I have 2 issues I can't resolve:

1.  I need to decline a reservation request but the site won't allow me to do this.  I can select 'Decline' on the dashboard enquiry which then goes to the 'Reasons for declining' box which will not allow me to select the 'Decline' button again so, despite having sent a message to the prospective guest and having blocked our calendar, the request remains live.

2.  The 'Availability Settings' option won't scroll down when I try and update my calendar so I can't use the options at the base of the page.

Any thoughts / suggestions would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

16 Replies 16

@Manuel3922  Yes, I suspect they are cheaping out on hiring highly qualified techies. Same with their customer service dept- outsourced, ill-trained know-nothings.

It seems really foolish to try to save money on the the very 2 things that affect users the most and lead to bad PR.

Somehow I had a 40% discount.  Not sure how this happened. I had inquiries from potential guests asking if this was correct. I told them it was an error. Went to the help with Airbnb. Chatted and called. Not an easy task.  Was told it was off.  Now I have a guest who was automatically confirmed.  Not what I setup.  I messaged guest I won’t honor the 40%.   What are my options?  I shouldn’t be penalized for the cancellation.   Is there a grievance board to state my case?   Honoring the price I will actually lose money