Profile Photo not Updating

Profile Photo not Updating

I am a host and traveler. My original ABB photo was of me and an Ex. I updated the photo once I started hosting and was with a new person. However, when I log into my account, the old photo still shows to me on the first page in the upper right corner. I deleted that photo from my account when I updated it to the new one and I have verified that it does not exist still anywhere within my account. From what I can tell, nobody else can see the old one still when viewing my profile. But I still see it and it was a nasty and bitter end to a 15 year marriage. I dont want to see this photo anymore. Is there a way I can fix this so that it doesn't still appear every time when I first log-in to my account?

Please help. Anyone. Ideas?

28 Replies 28

Totally worked!!!! Thanks!!! 

Sylvie502
Level 1
Manlius, NY

This was bothering me as well. I deleted the cache and the cookies multiple times and the results were nil. So I went back to the basics. I signed out of Chrome and back on and it got resolved! Hope this helps!

This worked for me - though I only deleted cached images. Deleting the cache on its own did not work. Logging out then in again did. Thanks!

clear cache.PNGThe solution is clearing cache, but make sure that "Time Range" is selected to "All Time". It is by default, on "last hour", or at least for me. This should do the trick! 

Soph0
Level 1
West Bathurst, Australia

Testing to see if my new or old picture comes up!

Soph0
Level 1
West Bathurst, Australia

Good, it's the new one and it seems correct everywhere now. Did the same and cleared my cache! Thank you!

Adam549
Level 1
Bristol, United Kingdom

i signed out then in.

it worked 

Rita559
Level 1
Woodward, OK

I’ve been trying to update my photo from a guest to now a host, to no avail. Any ideas. 

click on your photo and choose account,  on the top of the page  just below the word "account" is your email address and in front of it there is a link to your profile. in your profile you can change your photo. (check the picture below)

or sign in to your account and copy/paste the link below to your browser address bar and hit "Enter" it takes you to a page on the top right of the page you will see your photo click on it and from the dropdown click "profile" it will take you to your profile and in your profile you can change your photo. 

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/280/edit-your-account-settings?locale=en&_set_bev_on_new_domain=1...airbnb.JPG

Surya7
Level 1
Clemson, SC

I've tried the cache and had the same issues. Might try a different browser.

click on your photo and choose account,  on the top of the page  just below the word "account" is your email address and in front of it there is a link to your profile. in your profile you can change your photo. (check the picture below)

or sign in to your account and copy/paste the link below to your browser address bar and hit "Enter" it takes you to a page on the top right of the page you will see your photo click on it and from the dropdown click "profile" it will take you to your profile and in your profile you can change your photo. 

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/280/edit-your-account-settings?locale=en&_set_bev_on_new_domain=1...

airbnb.JPG

Johnny242
Level 1
Delray Beach, FL

Was this ever fixed ? Tired of seeing my Xwife here...

click on your photo and choose account,  on the top of the page  just below the word "account" is your email address and in front of it there is a link to your profile. in your profile you can change your photo.