Questions and concerns about a host and reservation

Jason1637
Level 2
Buffalo, NY

Questions and concerns about a host and reservation

Hi,

I booked a reservation pretty far away and have some concerns about the host. I dont want to get her in trouble or jeopardize my reservation (unless I know for sure there is fraud involved). Shes a superhost with over 150 positive reviews. But she wanted to communicate via whatsapp. She was also willing to book off the platform but would require a bank transfer (doesnt accept paypal or anything)., so that she'd make more and I'd pay less- her idea not mine. As it turns out, I booked it through airbnb, but have suspicions because of all that. Advice? Again, I dont want to jeopardize my reservation or mess with my trip, the airfare was very expensive, and the airbnb, although reasonable considering how amazing it is, isnt cheap when you add all the nights up. So, can I get advice without her knowing about this for now? Is there a way airbnb can investigate without her knowing or flagging me?

4 Replies 4
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

if you book outside Airbnb you save 20% and she saves just 3,5% so she tried to do you a favor

If you notify Airbnb about it she will be banned from Airbnb forever and you will lose your reservation, will have to wait at least one week to be refunded, and will have to book another accommodation, so it is better if you keep it for yourself.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jason1637 

Theoretically  the host can see your post here (and your name + Airbnb profile) also, if joining the community. If you ask Airbnb to investigate, you can not remain anonymous.

It is a violation of Airbnb terms if the hosts offers to make deals off platform. There is high risk for the host Airbnb will suspend the listing or the account when they find out.

Useally booking with a Superhost will guarantee things are OK with the accommodation.

So maybe just continue with the reservation.

Jason1637
Level 2
Buffalo, NY

thank you for the info. booked via airbnb, so no issue. all else is rhetoric. 

@Jason1637   "Is there a way airbnb can investigate without her knowing or flagging me?"

No. If you don't want to jeopardize your reservation, don't jeopardize the host's business. There's no scenario in which that ends well for either of you.