Racism

Yana30
Level 1
Athens, Greece

Racism

Some days ago my place was booked for one night by mother and son. They are living in Greece for 4 years. Their motherland is Ukraine. By the way my motherland is also Ukraine. And I am living in Greece for last 7 years. The neighborhood of my Airbnb apartment is multinational. Me and my family we are also living here in the same neighborhood, just few minutes away from Airbnb place.

You can not imagine how I was surprised when I receive the feedback from the guest. She told that The neighborhood is full of Arabic immigrants and it was dangerous to go out. She put for MY neighborhood 2 stars. Making this she Insults me and my friends who are multinational . She is immigrant in this country as well. So why she divides people into classes?

But the most sad is the Airbnb’s answer to my report regarding racism: this is not public message so that’s ok!

I asked Airbnb’s supporter if it is ok that I am able to this insulting message and it hurts me a lot? The answer was: yes that’s ok. Have a good day.

You understand : when some host says something rude to guest - this is violation , when guest say something rude and insulting to host - that’s ok, no problem. I have proofs only in Russian language.

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Yana30 

As stated by Airbnb it is a private feedback, but feel free to reply on it towards the guest. But it is sad you received  two stars (for location ? ) if it is related to what the guest wrote in private.

But Airbnb is about business and not about "hurted feelings", so hope your next guests will value location and neighbourhood more in a positive way.

Best regards,

Emiel

I have 200 feedbacks. That’s why I am in shock. Nobody never was telling me something this way. This lady she doesn’t know neither me nor my neighbors. Maybe some of this “dangerous Arabic immigrants” are part of my family? I Just read the story : host told something to guest and Airbnb banned this host forever. Why it doesn’t work both ways?