Re: Host ID verification process nightmare

Justin227
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Re: Host ID verification process nightmare

I'm an Airbnb host since 2012 with many positive reviews and I run an account with multiple listings. I recently tried to upload a new property but it was held up as I was asked to submit a selfie to match my host ID. Sounds easy enough right? After many failed attempts - the selfie could never be verified against my photo ID - I contacted Support. The photo ID is a drivers' license some 10 years old but even so, I haven't changed that much. After many hours spent in chat & on the phone with Support they have told me the only way to solve this is to remove your ID on your account. But at the same time they don't recommend doing this because it cancels your upcoming reservations. Incredible. If you followed this through you'd have to contact your upcoming guests to alert them and get them to rebook once you've uploaded your new ID - and verified it successfully with a new selfie. Totally bonkers and unacceptable. Airbnb won't accept an email of a new photo ID and selfie, they have no other solution. So, even though I am a host for 8 years with a great track record and I have several new listings to upload, I have to wait until the end of the summer when my bookings are done and I can then do the new photo ID. This is beyond ridiculous. If anyone out there has any bright ideas then do let me know!!

1 Reply 1
Kamal9
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

My advice is to diverisfy platforms. Airbnb has shown it is incompitent and doesn't care about hosts.