Re-List Using a similar profile

Warren2
Level 1
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Re-List Using a similar profile

I currently have my entire 2 brm apartment listed. When I return I'd like to reduce down to 1 bedroom... Rather than create an entire new listing I'd like to use my existing listing and just modify from "entire apartment" to "one room"... Can this be done?

Cheers,

Warren

9 Replies 9
Linda0
Level 10
Spring, TX

Hello Warren -
You can keep your current listing and just add another listing by tapping the plus (+) sign. Take pictures of the bedroom which you will rent out and also pictures of the house that your guest will have access to and "list". Now that you have a profile you can list as many rooms individually as you like. I list 3 separate rooms. At one point I did combinations of rooms and listed them all in the same house which totaled 6 listings. I meant that I had to do a lot of updating so I deleted them.
Happy hosting!!!
Warren2
Level 1

Hi Linda,

Thabnks so much for your reply... I've had a good look but for the life of me I cant find the plus (+) sign?? Can you pls tell me where to find it?

Kind regards,

Warren

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Just @Linda0 in case she hasn't seen your response @Warren2 (if you add @name this will send the person a notification) 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Warren -
If you are using the phone app to create a new listings it is done tapping the plus sign to create new listing.

Happy Hosting,

Linda
Warren2
Level 1

@Linda0 Ohh now I get what you were saying... I did know how to add a new listing, what I was actually trying to say was I wanted to "copy and paste" my old listing with only a few small changes. This would be so I didnt need to re-wrirte all the copy, re-upload all the photos etc. I think the way you are suggesting is to make a new listing by re-writting everything and re-uploading, is that correct?

I'm basically trying to streamline the whole thing... Do you know how to do that?

Regards,

Warren

Ah, I see - you can copy and cut and paste on the desktop version. I did that with my rooms, but then I had to go back to delete the command symbols that ended up embedded in the text. It is the easiest way. My phone has a glitch today and I can't read profiles of other guests so can look up your listing. Hosting has been great fun for me, but I have been having a slow spell these past 2-1/2 months. I hope I pick up some guests next month.
The best of luck,

Linda
Warren2
Level 1

Ummm I still dont think this is what I'm after?? What I would like to do is instantly make a complete copy of my compete listing and then just go through and modify the photos and a small part of the description... Do you know how to completely duplicate my existing listing in one move?

If I understnd what you are saying properly I would need to copy and paste each section by flipping between web pages and would have to re-upload all the images too? Is that correct?

Cheers,

Warren

No, I don't know how to do that, but I use the phone app mostly.
Vicky0
Level 4
Norwich, United Kingdom

I don't think you can make a copy of your listing although if you contact Airbnb they may be able to. Not sure if just changing the listing type on a listing. Not sure how I would feel about doing that as the reviews would relate to a different property type. If you do it on the pc it doesn't take long to copy and paste.