Re: Missing Enquiry

Tamsin4
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Re: Missing Enquiry

I received an enquiry, responded, I did mention to the guest as it was a long term stay of about 4 months, that they should contact me directly through my social media platforms. I did not hear back from them. I then sent a special offer. Today when I checked if they had responded the entire enquiry and the offer was missing from my message board, vanished like it never happened.

Did I cross some sort of line asking the guests to contact me directly? I do need to sometimes be able to feel them out this way but I would never accept a direct booking I would only go through Airbnb. Perhaps Airbnb thought I was going to take the booking and sidestep them? Not sure but agreed I'd like to know why this happened.

Thanks to anyone who might answer this mystery

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes of course you did @Tamsin4 

It's against Airbnb's T&Cs to encourage guests who come through them to book off platform and can result in you being banned from their platform 😀🙁

you asking them to contact you off the platform would be seen as that .

if I need to have discussions with guests before they book I always do it through Airbnb messaging . 

Tamsin4
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

I realise the error of my ways now! would never want to compromise my relationship with Airbnb. I have only ever suggested making contact outside the platform for long bookings so I can get a sense of the guests and answer any questions they may have with more ease...but I wont be doing that again. Thanks for the heads up