Reckless to give too much voice and no voice to hosts

Shohreh-And-Cyrus0
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Reckless to give too much voice and no voice to hosts

I get woken up by staff at airbnb to help a guest of theirs at 3am that had left an aprtmernt she had book as she claimed it was  dirty.

I sent all step by step instruction of how to self check in as after 5pm they attempt to self check in.

I get a cancelation from airbnb that guest could not get in

I never was given a chance to even respound and full refund was given to the guest.

In the morning we checked the box and not a problem and the local resedants complining and   tell me a couple with couple of cryng kids (My customers) and another couple arrguing in the streets about 4.30 am and they all leave about 20 minutes later.

I get left with resedents complaing and out of pocket and not a good night sleep

Where in the world is that fair

Airbnb must get their act togeather as some staff take it to far giving the guests  "a massive voice".

so basically you need us so do what we tell you fair or not fair.

The other issue is, it is becommimg fassionable for some guests now to go looking for evidance, huntting for evidance, searching every whole they can find just to claim money back, thats all the result of giving unreasonable massive 

With booking.com and now Expedia getting involved with smaller guys like us and giving both the guest and the houst equal voice, I think time has come for airbnb to get things sorted.

GET IT RIGHT

1 Reply 1
Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi @Shohreh-And-Cyrus0,

Although I have never had such an incident. I don’t envy you in this situation.

Ps.

You referred to 5 PM (I suppose these are your after office hours check-in instructions).

First of all, Airbnb representatives will just try to resolve any issue, while they are on the other side of the planet. So, whether it is 3 AM. They will not really care. As this is a 7x24 operation.

There are 3 red flags here:

• Guests in need of another place to stay, due to cleanliness issues
  • And they needed a place to stay, in the middle of the night
  • An extremely last minute booking

90% of all guests check in: Later in the afternoon, Early in the evening.

It doesn’t take hours to notice a place is not clean enough.

So you just got yourself a set of difficult guests, by accepting Airbnb’s request.

And the guest may leave you now, a nasty review too.

Trying to do an unattended check-in, being tired, in the middle of the night, in a strange environment and most likely had some drinks too.

When I would be called in the middle of the night, to solve such a problem. My response would be: Thanks, But no thanks. We need preparation time!

I once did a 1-night stay, booked the day before (as the guest did not have a place to stay). And I will never do it again! As this was a very bad experience!