Referral credit

Answered!
Maruschka1
Level 1
Mumbai, India

Referral credit

I know my friend just hosted a guest but i havent received a credit for his first hosting. Why is that?

I have pushed him to sign up on airbnb and also finally host a guest and i havent got the return as promised for my efforts!

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hi @Maruschka1  @Helen3 is right about contacting Air BNB.  I did look at the terms and conditions of the Host Referral program and note the following:

To qualify for any payouts, the Referred Host’s first received booking must have a value (excluding cleaning fees, taxes, and special offers) of at least 100 USD (or the equivalent in your local currency). The Referred Host has 150 days from the date they are invited to Complete their first booking in order to earn the Payment.

No payment will be made for listings created by current or former Airbnb Hosts, or for bookings made by family or friends of the Referred Host. All Referred Hosts must be new, first time Hosts. Payouts will be made within 30 days of each qualifying event, to the payout mechanism you designate on your Airbnb account. The Airbnb Terms of Service as it relates to the application of taxes applies to any Program payout.

If you meet the above criteria you should check with Air BNB to ensure there is no glitch in your payment.

View Best Answer in original post

34 Replies 34
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

We are a forum of hosts so can't answer your question.

Give BNB a call and ask them.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hi @Maruschka1  @Helen3 is right about contacting Air BNB.  I did look at the terms and conditions of the Host Referral program and note the following:

To qualify for any payouts, the Referred Host’s first received booking must have a value (excluding cleaning fees, taxes, and special offers) of at least 100 USD (or the equivalent in your local currency). The Referred Host has 150 days from the date they are invited to Complete their first booking in order to earn the Payment.

No payment will be made for listings created by current or former Airbnb Hosts, or for bookings made by family or friends of the Referred Host. All Referred Hosts must be new, first time Hosts. Payouts will be made within 30 days of each qualifying event, to the payout mechanism you designate on your Airbnb account. The Airbnb Terms of Service as it relates to the application of taxes applies to any Program payout.

If you meet the above criteria you should check with Air BNB to ensure there is no glitch in your payment.

I think I understand now. As soon as the person I referred has a completed booking of $100 or more I will receive credit for referring them to Airbnb. OK, thanks.

Catherine

Catherine, good morning. As you have made enquiries about your payout I would like to ask you....how do the credits work? And in the ad for recommending a friend to be a host they say "you can earn £77" but I have'nt got this, is this different too credits. Jx

Hello Jean

I understand that when you refer a person to be an airbnb host that person has to have been paid for hosting their first guest before airbnb pays you your credit.

Hope this helps.

Catherine

Hello Jean

This copy of the information I got from airbnb may help you.

Catherine

Hey, Air BnB is cool. You should try it! Use my referral if you do so www.airbnb.co.uk/r/faizm193

Sorry I did 3 referrals and only got paid for 1, they refuses to pay the last 2, so sorry they are not cool. 

The first person that books has to spend more than $100 or we do not get the referral fee. 

Hi Linda,

Looking at all the feedback on this topic, and the apparent non-payment, I'm wondering where the incentive is to refer hosts.

I'm confused as to who actually receives the $100 (or currency equivalent) bonus - the Referred Host, the Referring Host, both or none?

The SMS referral link message sent to potential new hosts says: '(name) invited you to share your space.  Host on Airbnb and get a $0 bonus!  $0??  How is that an incentive for anyone to use the link?

The Refer Hosts tab link on the website says: 'Invite your friends to host.  Earn $100 (or equivalent) per host when they host a trip.'  PER host?  That to me would indicate that both the Referring and Referred Host would receive the $100 bonus when a new host booking has been completed.  Is this correct?

Many thanks,

Andrew

A slight problem with understanding these things. I can't understand , 1. I have'nt received the £77 they promised, and how do credits work. Jx

Andrew, Airbnb has a program if you do referrals to friend or anyone for that matter, you get paid if you are a host $192, and the person you invite gets $10, that is after you send them the link and they accept it and signed up to be a host, their property get listed and after their first booking is paid and completed,

As long as the amount of charges were over $100.00 not including any fees, then you will get your bonus money. When you logged into your account, if you scroll to the bottom you will see where it said Refer a Host and once you tapped on the info it will populate a link and you will them forward it to the person you want to invite, buy email or phone number. You can also track the progress of everyone you send the link to in that same area where it said Refer a Host.  But unfortunately for me I will never refer anyone else, because Airbnb have promotions that only benefits them. Unfortunately! 

I thought I was the only one going through this issues with Airbnb, I did three referrals and only got paid for the first one, nothing after that, and I read the terms and conditions, and it was not different from the first one. 
Airbnb published the listings within 24 hours, they both had booking and they guests checked in and all went well, Airbnb took the guest moneys they got their fees Ane them they say the host was not qualified to be a host, after the fact, but that’s their excuse because they don’t want to pay out. I think it’s not very professional of them. I am on other platforms and don’t have these kind of issues. 

Catherine71
Level 2
Victoria, Canada

When do I receive the credit for referring a new host?