Refund a guest

Answered!

Refund a guest

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me. My guest is due in two days and cancelled three days ago. Since I have a strict cancellation policy, they will not get a refund. However, since this is due to tragic family news, I want to refund the guest in full.  This is however not possible.   I have now tried to do this for THREE DAYS, and I get a standard fault message from Airbnb:     

"Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing maintenance of your connection may have timed out. Please try again."

There is nothing wrong with my connection or uptime and I have restarted Airbnb and only tried to perform this refund - but I get the same message each time. I have reported this problem twice to Airbnb, but have received no response what so ever.  

What can I do?  //Anne in Sweden

1 Best Answer

Hi all. Case closed. I called Airbnb in London, spoke to Ralph and he solved it! Kudos! I also got a message from the guest that he had been informed by Airbnb support that he will be refunded in full! 

So, call your local support and they can solve it for you. 😀 //Anne

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY
Richard1379
Level 2
Hollidaysburg, PA

Alas, you have been deceived. The message isn't true.  It's sole purpose is to force you to waste time until you either find a customer service person on the phone, or give up.  I know it is difficult to believe this -- can a company really be so capricious? But that's really the case. You've run into precisely the kind of irritating, deceptive and unethical practice Airbnb is famous for.

There is no solution except calling Airbnb customer service at this (unpublished) customer service number +1-415-800-5959. They will issue the refund only then.

Don't blame the person who answers the phone. They did not design the policy or write the code, and they have no influence over the company.  

Richard,

It took some time to see the deceit/scandelous acts on Airbnb's part, what you say is true.  Airbnb is a very greedy middle man, as well as relentless onmpushing host to take the "hit" on unsubstaniated refund request of a guest.  Even with something as clear as a hosts cancellation policy; Airbnb will renlentlessly conract the host asking for them to forfeit a refund outside of their chosen policy.  All the while getting their service fees paid under ANY/ALL circumtances.

Hosts ... it is crucial to watch your transaction history, Airbnb is know to deduct from hosts account without any notification.  Not okay.  Time to find/research other hosting options...

My best to all hosts-

Coll

Hi all. Case closed. I called Airbnb in London, spoke to Ralph and he solved it! Kudos! I also got a message from the guest that he had been informed by Airbnb support that he will be refunded in full! 

So, call your local support and they can solve it for you. 😀 //Anne

Hi Anne, I'm a guest from Malaysia and I'm booked with a host on October in HongKong. 

Due to the current political unrest i have to cancle my booking, and i've been told that i am entitled for a refund. I hence made the cancellation and requested for a refund from my host. I did not receive any response from my host and I was made understand by fellow airbnb members that the refund would be made by airbnb, and not from the host (I was told that the hosts will not be paid until the guests check in and hence I shouldn't be requesting money from the host). 

I requested for a refund anyway and i was directed to a page that says 

Your refund is on its way

We issued a refund of RM1462.61. While this refund is immediate on our part, you might not see the money reflected in your VISA •••• 5970 account until 5 business days later. Please contact your payment provider for additional information.

This is well over a week ago now, and I have not receive any payment. 
Any idea what's going on?? And who do I look for now to speak to?