Refund after a bad experience

Camille372
Level 1
Grenoble, France

Refund after a bad experience

hello !

Do you know if I can get a refund if I had a bad experience in an Airbnb ?

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Camille372 

It is best to contact the host DURING the stay to get issues resolved.

If issues can not be resolved, you can contact Airbnb.

Please read:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/544/what-is-airbnb's-guest-refund-policy-for-homes

Hope this helps,

Emiel

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Camille372 Are you still in the apartment? If you are and you have a problem you should first contact the host and inform him, giving him the chance to solve it. If he refuses or he isn't able to, you need to contact Airbnb and have them cancel the reservation and give you a refund, or just refund you the percentage you agree on. If you already stayed there and now want a refund that is not how the procedure goes. By staying there and not bringing attention to any problem you basically agree that the place is good to stay. Maybe give us a bit more detail so that we can give you an informed advice. 

I only stayed one night, it was yesterday but I arrived late in the evening so I couldn’t change the accommodation. I left this morning, is it ok you think ?

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You need to provide more info, @Camille372, but it seems you slept the night there all the same?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Camille372   As Emiel and Ana said, the correct protocol if you arrive at a listing to find that it is not as advertised, or dirty, or otherwise unacceptable, is to first contact the host to see if they can do something to remedy the situation. If they are non-responsive, or brush off the issue, then you contact Airbnb. So that's what you should have done when you arrived. I understand that you didn't want to be left with nowhere to stay or have to traipse off to another listing, but if you make your displeasure or disappointment known ASAP, you are more likely to get an appropriate resolution. If you just stay at an unacceptable place, you probably took a hot shower, used towels and bedding, plugged your electronics into the electric, made use of the Wifi, and whatever else was there for your use. So expecting a full refund, rather than a partial one, isn't all that reasonable, unless the place was truly disgusting or seriously misrepresented.