Refund and Cancellation

Answered!

Refund and Cancellation

image1.JPGI booked a reservation with the host's cancellation policy being flexible.
It stated that if cancellation was 24 hours prior you receive a full refund.
I tried to cancel the reservation and saw I was only being refunded $69.12 and the reservation cost $306.
I didn't continue with the cancellation since there a non refunable reservation price of $236.88 that was showing up. This charge was not stated on the booking. I had no reason to believe that I would not be completely refunded. I am very confused. How can I get my full refund?

1 Best Answer
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

I think there must be a system glitch. Call airbnb for assistance.

View Best Answer in original post

22 Replies 22
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

What happens when you click "I expected a different amount", @Kavita5

Hello @Kavita5,

Have you cancelled other reservations before? There's a limit on the number of fully refundable cancellations a guest can do in a period. I'm not sure of the limit or the period.

If you haven't, then the suggestion by @Lawrene0 should help.

Steve.

That makes sense, @Steve143. Confusing that the wording is "If you cancel now you will receive a full refund," though. I wonder if a coupon is part of it? Did you use a coupon at all, @Kavita5?

Hi @Lawrene0, thanks for your response. When I click "I expected a different amount" it takes me to the cancellation policy for airbnb 😞

How frustrating, @Kavita5. It looks, from all the similar stories, as if @Marit-Anne0 is right. Must be a system glitch today. Tweeting AirbnbHelp is your best bet. 

i got the same problem too and i need help. I did use a coupon. how do i contact airbnb for an answer? 

Jasmayr0
Level 1
Mississauga, Canada

I have the exact same issue. For now I have just messaged the host and is hoping for a reply back. I am not sure what to do consider I was never aware of this non-refundable part and would not have booked it  if I knew. The full refund means FULL refund  without any non-refundable part. If there were to be that part, it should have been disclosed prior to paying the amount. I am not sure what my options would be. Other thing to note, this is my first Air Bnb trip and It is also my first cancelation. 

Hi @Jasmayr0

I messaged my host and she said I have to contact airbnb because this is their fee not hers.

This is also my first cancellation and first experience using airbnb. It's very difficult to find someone directly from airbnb who can help.

Same problem here. I booked place in Mykonos a month ago. Same day host cancelled. Charged 665€ to my credit card. Haven't get a refund yet, even though a month has passed. I am really mad! Nowhere to write and complain!!!????

I booked place in Mykonos a month ago. Same day host cancelled. Charged 665€ to my credit card. Haven't get a refund yet, even though a month has passed. I am really mad! Nowhere to write and complain!!!????

Sandy148
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

This just happened to me as a host - I want my guest to receive a full refund, I have the most flexible cancellation policy, but my guest is saying they are being told they will not get the full refund. Calling AirBnb Help now - they have been really helpful in the past - but yeah, confused.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

I think there must be a system glitch. Call airbnb for assistance.

Daniela428
Level 1
Palma, Spain

Hello I need some help to get my money back. The host cancel my stay from 30 august to 2 september and I dont get money back. What I should do? Where I have to ask, because I need urgent the money to pay the next room. Thank you for help. 

@Michelle-J0 @Jasmayr0 @Daniela428

I called airbnb at 1-855-424-7262. They said it was probably a glitch in the system. The guy cancelled the reservation and said I will receive a full refund.

Please try this. Hope you get through.