Refunds

Sandra683
Level 2
Jensen Beach, FL

Refunds

I am having an issue based on a guest complaint. Summary; Guests came for 9 days. After 4 days they stated that the AC was noisy.This was at 8:30 am.  We informed repairman he came that eve( normal ac function, just standard white noise). I offered refund. They said they were going to find another place. Our checkout is 12pm. Guests left , however they went sightseeing and didn’t return till 6:00 and vacated at 6:30 pm. Due to late checkout I issued them a 4 day refund. They never requested late checkout nor informed us they wouldn’t leave till 6:30 pm. Now Airbnb (“RUSSEL”) informs me that I need to issue a 5 day refund and that the “noisy AC” ( AC MAN CONFIRMED NO MALFUNCTION) is a serious violation and could result in acct deactivation????? WE ARE SUPERHOSTS, Hundreds have stayed here without a SINGLE complaint about the AC. WHO DO I CONTACT AT AIRBNB ? This is no way to treat dedicated Hosts. 

1 Reply 1
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Sandra683 , I'm so sorry to hear about this. I've sent you a DM to ask for some more information so we can look into this a bit more together.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen