Reimburse ABB after guest cancelled

Tricia7
Level 2
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Reimburse ABB after guest cancelled

My guest a student had to get another place as boiler broke down on the Saturday night after he had been here 2 days out of a 28 day stay  He was going to cancel 20 days anyway as a friend was going to put him up then boiler packed it. Fixed of yesterday but ABB have paid me for the 28 days, l don't want it can l send it back? Thanks ps l did help my student get a place cancel for him and drove him there so no issue there...

2 Replies 2
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Tricia 7 if you have the money in your account then refund the amount you consider appropriate . Just raise a refund in your reservation for the student and divide the amount you recieved by the 28 days and take off two days or however long he stayed and alert the guest that you have done so. H

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Tricia7 

Not so fast! You may end up refunding the guest twice over by mistake. Even though you already got the payout, Airbnb can take the refund from future payouts.

You said that you cancelled for him. That should mean that he would get refunded anyway and it may also mean that you will get a fine and other penalties from Airbnb and your calendar might even get blocked.

NEVER cancel a guest reservation if you can help it. If you have a similar situation in future, simply send the guest an alteration request with the new check out date, which they just need to agree to accept. The cost of the reservation will automatically adjust and they will be refunded the appropriate amount.

Anyway, seeing as you have already cancelled this time, go to your transaction history and check your future payments. There should be a negative amount showing, which is the amount Airbnb will deduct from future payouts to cover the cancellation of this reservation.