Renting My Vacant Apartment

Kris226
Level 1
Irvine, CA

Renting My Vacant Apartment

Hello, I'm new to this.  Does anyone know if we can host our vacant apartments on here?  Where do I begin to find out if this is okay to do?  I don't see any language in my lease agreement that says I can't....

Thanks.

2 Replies 2
Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kris226 

hope you are well and welcome.

According to the site below renting in Irvine, California under “short term let’s”(ie. anything less than 3q consecutive days) is banned but this is subject to zoning areas based on what I have read. 

https://www.cityofirvine.org/code-enforcement-community-development/short-term-rentals

Honestly, would not recommend Airbnb for longer than 28 days* as after this time tenant receives tenant rights and from a legal standpoint I would prefer a stricter tenancy contract to be shared between both parties. If you look into the community centre there are a lot of stories showing what could go wrong. Once tenancy rights have been stated then obviously you would need to go through the correct legal protocols as to evict someone etc.

Hope this is fine and let us know if you need further help! 

Good luck to you. 

Kindest regards,

yadira 🙂

Thanks.  I appreciate it.  Sorry, I should have placed the location of the rental versus it showing my residence.  I'm renting in Dallas Fort Worth.

Hello, I'm new to this.  Does anyone know if we can host our vacant apartments on here?  Where do I begin to find out if this is okay to do?  I don't see any language in my lease agreement that says I can't....