Request for reduced rate.

Request for reduced rate.

Just received a message from guest who says our prices are too steep, and can we reduce them.  I have messaged back saying that we do not accept such requests, but I am still being asked to either accept/decline booking.  How can I decline without detriment to our listing?

5 Replies 5
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Ledden-Garth0 was it a request or an inquiry? If it was an inquiry you dont need to do anything, an answer is enought. If it was a request I would tell them that they have couple of hours to cancel the request or I will accept it with the current rate and they have 48h to cancel for free if they don't like it. 

Thank you Ana.  It was an enquiry, so hopefully my response will do.

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Ledden-Garth0 your response most definitely will do, you must decline or accept only requests. 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Ledden-Garth0   Are you dealing with just an inquiry?  In that case, just ignore the accept or decline.  If a booking request, decline and cite the reason closest to your reason even if not exact.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Edin121 Well of course if a host cancels a reservation they won't be paid for it. You expect to be paid for a service you are not able or willing to provide?