Requirements verification for guests

Andreea2
Level 2
Sibiu, Romania

Requirements verification for guests

Hi! I have a question regarding verification elimination as part of the booking process: i don't have the requirements verification checked as option, but still guests are asked to verify themselves with an ID and an online profile. Any idea if anywhere else i should look to de-activate the option?

Thank you,

Andreea

2 Replies 2
Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb have a minimum verification requirement that all registered users must meet, you can read the guide via the link - https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/1170/what-are-the-requirements-to-book-on-airbnb 

Can I ask out of curiosity please, have you considered the potential implications of accepting guests without verification? There are lots of stories of properties being abused leaving the host with damages on departure and in lots of these cases the guests had no previous reviews to refer back to which might have stopped the host letting to these guests, this is a step even further not requiring any verification.

Anyway, I do wish you all the best with future bookings,

Ama

Mala0
Level 7
Torquay, United Kingdom

Yes it is a hassle to verify as i found out when i first tried airbnb as a guest.. It took for ever and repeated tries.. I was so cross.. I couldnt even get hold of airbnb to help me!..

The host did not offer to help or was not bothered by my bad experience of verifying!..

Anyway i did it and thanks the lord only have to do it once!..

I as a host now would not want anyone who has not got the minium verification.. it is a scary prospect to have stranger in your property and even more so if you live there as a single person etc. 

So dont worry about the hassle, remember to worry about your safety and your home first

Mala