Review Rate

Review Rate

We were wondering what the percentage next to "Review rate" means in our stats. We have almost perfect numbers with this exception.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gwjtxqwbwu53dg/Screen%20Shot%202016-12-08%20at%203.55.33%20PM.png?dl=0

Thanks!

27 Replies 27

Hello, Jennifer...

I wouldn’t give up so easily or be inclined to let a computer program ‘win’!  If your guests love coming to your place, you could explain that it is important for you to have them write a quick review each time, even like “Great Place!”.  That is barely any effort on their part at all and since they choose to use Airbnb’s platform, this is just a part of it.  When I explain the system to my guests and tell them I will get a ‘sing’ against me, they are MORE than happy to do it.   Besides, many people (including me) will only book with Superhost if they have a choice because it means something.  Good luck!

Robin129
Level 10
Belle, WV

I am really flustered by my "ratings." As I review them they show I've had a "3" in more than one category. To my recollection I've only had one category where I did not get rated a "5" and that was in Location, once. I've reviewed every guest, but a coupl guests did not review me. Where did these "3's" come from and can I track them down?

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.

@Robin129, I know I am replying to a posting from July, but I wasn't sure if anyone ever mentioned how to find the rogue "3-star" review.

1. Go to your Hosting Dashboard.
  2. Click on the "Stats" tab
  3. On the "Stats" page, choose the "Ratings" tab.

This should show you all your reviews INCLUDING the individual star ratings left by each guest.

If you can't see the detailed star ratings for any given guest rating, press the "View details" button at the bottom of each review.

Giuseppe5
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

So the main problem is recurrent guests not leaving reviews. The solution would be not using Airbnb with this guests and dealing separately which is against Airbnb interests but it's the only way to keep the review rate high.

My review rate is 0% yet 100% of my guests have left 5 star reviews. Makes no sense at all. Who at Airbnb does the math???? I'm an accountant - are they hiring???

Lucy14
Level 2
Fowey, United Kingdom

Hi Susan.  I'm a mathematician and often wonder where Airbnb gets its figures from.  But would you really want to work for them?  Keep it up with your 5 star service.  Try getting in touch with Customer Service to have your stats reviewed/changed.

Catalin4
Level 1
Timișoara, Romania

Airbnb is mostly based on reviews so I guess they push everybody to leave as many reviews as possible, both hosts and guests. I find it unfair though to asses Superhosts with this. They probably think that hosts will insist on guests for reviews but that shouldn't be the case. I think that if the host always reviews the guest than there will be more chances for them to also receive a review in return. That would be a fair assessment if you ask me.

CasaFra0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

I have a question you may be able to help me with.

As Hosts, do we get penalised if we don't leave a review for our guests? A guest cancelled their booking and Airbnb's system is asking me to write a review for them... but they never came. I tried contacting Airbnb 4 times but the line is so bad I haven't got an answer from them yet and via email all they told me is that it is my prerogative to leave a review or not.

Any help will be very much appreciated!

Have a good day,

CasaFra

Christina295
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I think this statistic might be how many reviews you have submitted in return and not how many guest have reviewed you. Mine is at 100% but I know not everyone I hosted has reviewed me. However I make sure to provide a review to every guest that gives me a review. This would also make more sense because then it would be something that the host can control.

@Christina295 that was exactly how my Review Rate statistic used to work! It was always 100% because I always wrote a review (even though not all guests did).

But then a few weeks ago it changed. Now it just shows what percentage of guests wrote reviews.

I wonder if some hosts are still on the old system?

I think you are right about the change. When I select a different view the percentage drops.

Nooo! Not @Christina295's account too!

It was better the old way!

Crispin13
Level 1
Oak Beach, Australia

airbnb's new identity requirements are appalling. we could not get past them to do a simple booking. Go to another platform to book your holiday or business trip. We spent hours stuffing about with thing new requirement. All of airbnb's links and photos turned to rubbish and none of them worked, we were keen to book a place and were are willing to pay up front. now both us and the owner are short changed by air bob's mad ID policy