Review

Gints1
Level 1
Riga, Latvia

Review

One of the previous guests posted bad review with who I totally disagree. I haven't received bad reviews before and this time I did all my best to make pleasent stay for the guests. This one review worsened my overall rating. That could possibly negatively affect my future earnings. After this review other guests might think that the building is sluggish. These guests also lost the key of the apartment and I didn't asked for compensation, but now after the review I regret it. 

Is it possible somehow to delete this review?

5 Replies 5
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Gints1 I doubt that they'll remove it, it isn't against any of the guidelines. You can always leave a public response to the review. Be short, honest and factual. Keep in mind that the responce if for your future guests. I am sure that you will have plenty of good reviews in no time that will overshadow this one. 

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Gints1 

It looks as if the review is written in French.

I wouldn't recommend to write a public response because of this, most of your future prospective guests are unlikely to read the original review.

Perhaps now is a good time to ask for compensation for the key though.

Your place looks great and your reviews are good. Keep up the good work.

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Elena87 there is an automated option to translate the review on Airbnb, I am guessing most of the guests will have it translated so in my opinion it is better if he leaves a response. 

@Ana1136 

Non! mon ami - ne soyez pas tenté!

Julie143
Level 10
Princeton, NJ

It seems Eric’s main issue was with the location of the apartment. This is something he should have known about before booking. Looking at the map, it is clear that your place is not in the center of Riga. Maybe he forgot to look at the map?

When I checked your listing, I didn’t even see his review on the first page, because it’s not in English. I don’t think it’s worth replying. It would only draw attention to that review.

The only suggestion I could make is to put some photos of your neighborhood in the listing. That would help potential guests understand what to expect.