Reviews not showing

Answered!
Steve2743
Level 10
Calgary, Canada

Reviews not showing

Hi There!

Some of you may recall my post last month regarding the guest who left a horrible (and unfounded) review. I wasn't too worried about it, as I expected it to be buried under good reviews in no time. I've had two good reviews since (one of them absolutely glowing), however neither of them are showing up on my listing. They do show up when you look at my profile (until you click "read all reviews"), but on the listing it's self, the first review to be seen is still the bad one. Two friends check my listing for me (one of them half way across the country), and it's the same thing, so I know it's not just my account. 

Anyway, I spent over an hour on the phone with Airbnb after the second one didn't show, and they insisted that they see both the new reviews (and provided a screen shot to prove it). To the agents credit, suspecting it was an issue with their internal network, she even checked my listing from her personal cell phone on her lunch break, using cellular data, but said she could see the reviews there, too. 

This is getting extremely frustrating, as I haven't had any new bookings since the bad review went public. My current guest leaves on Sunday, so I'm hoping their review will actually show. In the meantime, has anyone found a solution? I know it's a common issue, but I haven't heard if anyone's found a solution.

Thanks! 

Steve
1 Best Answer
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Steve2743 It isnt the first time that i heard about some older reviews appearing at the top of the listing and i still believe the reasons are as follows:the area, country from where the guest came from and the language. This is quite unfair but thats how the system works and i wish you good luck and hope that your current guest will give you a great review. 

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Steve2743 It isnt the first time that i heard about some older reviews appearing at the top of the listing and i still believe the reasons are as follows:the area, country from where the guest came from and the language. This is quite unfair but thats how the system works and i wish you good luck and hope that your current guest will give you a great review. 

Ah! I never thought of that. I just double checked, and the reviews are there after all, just near the bottom. My current guest is from Canada, so it should show up at the top now. Thanks!

Steve

@Steve2743 You are welcome! 

Wow- I just had a disappearing review as well, although in my case it was a bad review.  Lo & behold: it was at the very bottom. Thanks for posting this.  I was truly baffled!

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Steve2743  What is bringing attention to the negative review is your very long defensive response.  So sorry you did this given how lovely all your other reviews are.  

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

I see two positives before the negative. 

8B85A0EA-B626-424F-BB7E-10F9F7FCB7B3.png

Thanks @Cynthia-and-Chris1!

Looks like you're in the States, so that makes sense. 

I used a tunneling app this morning, to disguise my IP, and make it look like I'm from other countries. Turns out that the only people who see the bad review first are other Canadians. Everyone else sees reviews by guests from their own country first (if there are any), and the rest are in chronological order. 

Steve

I BELIEVE YOU NEED TO RESPOND WHEN GUESTS ARE TALKING TRASH. IF YOU DON'T , THAN WHAT THEY SAID IS TAKEN AS TRUTH EVEN WITH OTHER EXCELLENT REVIEWS .I just had the bad review that was full of untruths and lies,however since she is my last review for the year my 5 star rating went down and you just see her lies. That really hurts but next year hopefully will be better ! I certainly understand your Hurt! Pete

Agreed. There seems to be two camps in terms of replying to bad reviews. I don't know that it matters either way. The only thing you can really do is hope that it quickly gets buried. 

Steve
Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

LOL

"dead trees" = firewood.

I really appreciate how you set your guests straight. You were very gracious.

Sorry your cleanliness was attacked, it sucks, but it happens to all of us.

It usually has nothing to do with your cleanliness, just some drama with the guest.

Sandy92
Level 2
Boalsburg, PA

I am livid about this same thing with new reviews being placed at the bottom. Like whose going to scroll thru 80 reviews, your going to look at the top 10! It’s a slap in the face to me as a host. It looks like we are not having new quests! I’ve been with airbnb since 2016 and never have had an issue till now. My house isn’t even being shown like it was? Im getting frustrated for sure.