Rules not in description and were sent after booking

Rules not in description and were sent after booking

So apparently the owner decides to send out a list of house rules after the property was booked. There were no rules in the description. The owner also wants a list of names, and age  for everyone coming and an extra $170 on top of the $900 spent. Can I report this as fals advertisement or something? This guy should have his account removed or he needs to be told to update his description. My vacation is in less than a week now. I don’t have time to wait for the refund. He completely ruined my week.

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Justin-D-0,

You can report the host (or the listing) by using the "flag"link in it.

Asking extra money after booking is not allowed.

Is it possible to sent houserules after booking, but then the listing must state something:

"will be sent later", so you know there are houserules and you can inquire about them before booking.

Same with "list of names", should be announced in the listing such a list can be required.

Best regards,

Emiel

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Justin-D-0 Call ABB customer service... this is what the service fee is intended for. They'll be able to sort it out

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Justin-D-0  Well, Airbnb has moved the house rules way down near the bottom of the listing pages under the reviews and the calendar, so possibly they were there but you didn't scroll down far enough to read them? If that's not the case, and the extra $170 isn't for extra guests that you didn't account for when booking, then as others have advised, contact Airbnb to sort it out for you.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Justin-D-0

I am sorry to hear about this. I was wondering if you've already been in touch with Airbnb as advised by everyone here? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen