[!!!SCAM!!!] TENANT VERIFICATION REQUEST BY AIRBNB AND INSTRUCTIONS

[!!!SCAM!!!] TENANT VERIFICATION REQUEST BY AIRBNB AND INSTRUCTIONS

I am finding an accommodation for my stay at Innsbruck, Austria for 4 months from other website, and someone contact me through email said she could provide an apartment.

She said that she is working for work for the Italian government in Roma (you could find her info by her name through google).

After several email, she claimed that it would be safer to do the transaction through airbnb.

She sent me her photo and passport copy (the one state above, seems to be a previous victim) and ask me for my passport copy also.

Later on, 2 email titled 'HOST VERIFICATION CONFIRMATION BY AIRBNB' and 'TENANT VERIFICATION REQUEST BY AIRBNB AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR XXX' were sent to me and was asking me to transfer deposit to a bank account. Like this :

Total deposit amount:1700.00 € (1 month of rent + security deposit)
Bank Transfer Reference Code:8199477
Airbnb Agent Beneficiary Name:ION DEACONESCU
IBAN:BE60950181762470
Bank Name:BEOBANK
SWIFT Number:CTBKBEBX
Bank Branch Location:BOULEVARD GENERAL JACQUES 263 G 1050 BRUSSELS - BELGIUM

As this act is asking me to transfer money to a off-site bank account, I doubt that would this be a fraud and then I search through the web.

I found that someone is also facing the same situation as I do and which is a fraud. I inbox airbnb official page at Facebook and report this case to them, they said the are NOT asking anyone to transfer money off-site.

Hope this could help and no other victims occur anymore.

1 Reply 1
Rayne29
Level 1
Washington, DC

Wish I read this sooner !