SPIKE IN ENERGY COSTS

SPIKE IN ENERGY COSTS

Hi all,

I wondered how, as guests, you intend on managing the increase of your energy bills this winter.  Will you be increasing the cost of your stays to guests as a result and if so do you have an idea of when you will implement it.

All feedback and sharing will be appreciated

Thank you in advance 🙂 

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I increased my costs from March earlier this year when the price increase were announced  in the UK @Funmilola2 

Thanks Helen3

I will get on the case too then 

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Funmilola2 

We are in Thailand I have already increased my rates, right now we are in low season which is cooler lots of rain at the moment, November is the start of our high season thats when the A/C get hammered. thats the opposite to your cold winters, either way we still use lots of electric

Thanks for responding Sudsrung0

I hear you, your burning energy either way 🙂

I have a few family members that visited Thailand and one of them currently lives there.  One of my Nieces just got a job out there and is due to fly out and be there for 6 months 🙂

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Funmilola2 I think we will just discuss with guests what temperature they would like the thermostat set at. I think (hope?) people will be reasonable!

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hey everyone @Funmilola2 

Thank you for your comments on this. I know this is an older post already, but I wanted to let you know that we’ve recently started a topic regarding energy costs and we’re collecting tips on how to manage them. We’d love to get your input too, so please don’t hesitate and come share your experiences and advice!

You can find my post here:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Has-your-Hosting-adapted-due-to-the-energy-crisis/td-p/1...

Thanks!

Sybe

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen