SUPER HOST PLUS

Lee277
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

SUPER HOST PLUS

I AS A SUPER HOST FIND  I'M AT A DISADVANTAGE TO A SUPER HOST PLUS STATUS FOR THEY HAVE SO MANY UN FAIR PRIVILEGES THAT MONOPOLIZES THE  AIR BNB WEB SITE THE SUPER HOST PLUS LISTING IS BEING EXPOSED  MULTIPLE TIMES ON ALL THE SEARCHES PUTTING MY LISTING PRACTICALY AS A NON EXISTANCE . PLEASE AIR BNB MAKE THIS FAIR IF YOU WANT SUPER HOST PLUS LISTINGS TO BE ON THE FIRST PAGE THEN FINE
BUT PLEASE DON'T DUPLICATE  THEM ONTO THE FIRST PAGE OF ALL THE SEARCHES SO SUPER HOST WILL HAVE A CHANCE OF BEING BOOKED MORE FAIRLY  BECAUSE OF THIS SET UP I'M NO LONGER GETTING THE HEALTHY BOOKINGS AS I DID LAST YEAR . MY UNDERSTANDING IS SUPER HOST PLUS IS SEPERATE FROM AIRBNB SO WHY DID AIRBNB  ALLOW THIS BE SO MISMANAGE ? WHY ARE THE SUPER HOST PLUS LISTINGS BEEN DUPLICATED ON SO MANY SEARCHES AND DUPLICATED ON SO MANY PAGES? AS WELL AS THE SUPER HOST PLUS DON'T EVEN HAVE THE CAPACITY TO MAKE THIS AVAILABLE FOR ALL SUPER HOST TO UPGRADE TOO IT'S ENTIRELY UNFAIR SET UP FOR ALL US WHO ARE A SUPER HOST 
SADLY THE SUPER HOST AND SUPER HOST PLUS REALY IS COMPARABLE IN QUALITY OF STAY FOR GUEST JUST THE SUPER HOST PLUS IS EXTREMELY PROMOTED PUSHING US SUPER HOST PRACTICALLY UNSEEN .
THANK YOU LEE NADEAU

17 Replies 17
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Lee277 The Superhost and Plus programs are two different ones. Being a Superhost is not a condition to enter the Plus program, your home must meet the standards. Also, if you read a bit through this forum you will read about the disadvantages of the Plus program many hosts find after they join. Superhost is about the host and Plus is about the home.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2521/what-s-the-difference-between-airbnb-plus-and-superhost

Lee277
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

WELL ANA, AS YOU CAN SEE MY HOME FEATURES SUPER HOST PLUS QUALITIES

AS WELL AS MY HOSTING ABILITIES FOLLOW. ADDITIONALLY I DO MEET ALL OF THE REQUIRMENTS AND THIS IS WHY I FEEL THIS SHOULD BE OFFERED AFTER ONE YEAR TO ALL OF THE SUPER HOST AND IF NEEDED BETTER LISTING PICTURES ... THE SUPER HOST WILL SUBMIT IT ALONG WITH A LOWER COST OF $100.OO TO UPGRADING TO A SUPER HOST PLUS BECAUSE THE WAY THIS SUPER HOST PLUS IS SET UP IS SO BACKED UP AS IT IS. AS FOR THE DIFFERENCE WELL SUPER HOST PLUS RECIEVES A LOT MORE EXPOSURE ON THE AIRBNB SEARCHES AS A RESULT.

LEE SUPER HOST IN VANCOUVER 

Lee277
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

ANA I'VE READ THE LINK AND MY HOME QUALIFIES ABOVE THE SUPERHOST PLUS LIST 

SUPERHOST IN VANCOUVER LEE

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2191/what-are-the-steps-for-a-listing-to-join-the-airbnb-plus-pr...

@Lee277 In that case follow the steps determined by Airbnb for joining if they invite you. Good luck! 

@Lee277 I'd recommend that you do a search on the community forum about the Airbnb Plus program. There are a lot of unhappy hosts who don't like the loss of control over their listing (photos and listing descriptions) and are finding that guests are a lot pickier since they've changed to Airbnb Plus.

It seems to be a money making venture for the company, as hosts have to pay to join the Plus program. It's true that the listings sit at the top of the page, but that doesn't mean the Airbnb Plus hosts are getting more bookings.

And I know it might be upsetting to have a drop in bookings but it doesn't mean you need to shout at us here on the community forum 😉

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

@Lee277  why are you writing in all caps? It comes across as if you are shouting.  😛

Lee277
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

lol sorry

I just want my listing to have the marketing  perks that are given to the plus host listings

for when I had repeatedly did a search on Air bnb all i could see is the super host plus listings are the first in line as well in all the searches and shown multipal times prior to super host listing to being noticed on the last page if lucky. I also noticed that a super host listing may only be found on one of the searches (super hostsearch) that puts us super host at an unfair disadvantage as bottom of the barrel exposure. To be honest I don't think it is possible for the plus staff to do a better write up of my listing. So, in this case I do agree that the super host plus members should not be loosing control but it should be a set up to ehanse us .So, I think this plus programe needs a complete make over with their set up to be  simplified as I had suggested this to be offer to all one year super host and if asked to provide clearer pictures and extra basic goodies added and cost is $100.00 this way they'll be no more back ups as well this provides a super host with the next step forward without loosing control as a host on Air bnb. Thank you  LEE Super Host in Vancouver BC Canada

Lee277
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

sorry for the caps

Lee277
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

I also want to say this super host plus should not be a back up process and it is offered to all super host after one year and we are just ask to add a few more perks and if ask to upload clearer pictures we do along with 100.00 so this way we don't loose control as well as we are recognised with having extra items. As for me i provide pads depends condoms earplugs tooth brush .... to name a few as well as extra mid week cleaning services for free for guest who stay for one week

Lee 🙂

@Lee277 I think you don't understand the plus program. It is NOT Super Host Plus, it is AirBNB Plus. Superhost is all about the host, the person who runs the listing, while the PLUS program is all about the space.

Any listing may apply to be in the PLUS program. If this is what you want, and be careful what you wish for, then apply. But before you do, realize that you will no longer have a listing description; AirBNB can and will prescribe what new furniture and decor you must purchase; you will have no control over the photos; you may not list the space on any other booking platform. I would also recommend that you read other PLUS host comments. For some hosts, it has been a very good thing for their business; but for others it has not.

Yes not entirely for I was only looking at the marketing exposure and I just felt this PLUS should be simplified where a super host after one year is to agree to offer guest with a few extra perks as mention and provide clearer pics if needed. Not to be cornered into a situation of having no rights. As for the furniture mine is expensive so is all the linnen so what you are telling me is they'll want me to go from unique custom high end furnishings to listening to someone from plus ...who has to be a know it all ... advise me to bring in modern? to match all the generic plus look Wow mmm so bland and you know I was wondering why they all look this way... Is it because they only have one person in charge calling all of the shots? and then you may get someone eles that may only be able to write a lower quality description of what you put together how scary

I really think this set up has gone offensively wrong  and needs  to promote the super host in a way that will benifit us not take away our rights

We need to start a petition through the feed back link

Lee 🙂

sorry for my spelling errors i just noticed 

I was wanting to have plus exposure and I just felt this PLUS should be simplified not to be controlled just after one year and agree to offer guest with a few extra perks as mention and provide clearer pics if needed. Not to be cornered into a situation of having no rights. I'm amazed how the plus team may want me to go from unique custom high end furnishings to modern? to match all the generic plus bland look and then you may get someone else that may write a lower quality description of what you put together how scary
I really think needs  to promote the super host in a way that will benefit us not take away our rightsand  It's depressing they make the plus places look so generically boring It's pages and pages of the stale look for nothing unique jumps out especially when the plus listings are duplicated as the only ones available to view 

Lee 🙂

Lee277
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

I'm not sure of the purpose behind

the super host plus  existance when it hurts the super host with their listing being less exposed through the Airbnb search. It's not as if a guest were to book with a super host or super host plus they would experience much of a difference. I hope that this plus will work itself out to be simplified this to make it fair for everyone. For it is unfair if you want to have 10x more exposure for your listing under the condition you have to give up control ... 

Lee

@Lee277 you're still not getting that Airbnb Plus has absolutely nothing to do with being a Superhost. You don't have to be a superhost to be part of the Plus program, you're simply paying to have your listing promoted, and it is supposed to be a higher standard of accommodation. There are plenty of Plus listings that are not run by Superhosts.

Another thing to consider is that anyone who is a Plus host can't list their property on another site such as VBRO/Homestays/Booking etc. So it's simply a money maker for the company, and by promoting the PLus listings they are trying to stress hosts into paying to be part of the program. If you don't already it's probably worth looking at listing on other sites, so that all your eggs aren't in one basket 🙂