Saturday to Saturday Rentals in Season

Answered!
Meghan18
Level 1
Havertown, PA

Saturday to Saturday Rentals in Season

Hello, we own a condo in North Wildwood, NJ and we only rent from Saturday to Saturday in the summer. We usually go through a different site, but I would like to open it to my AirBnb clients. Is there a way to have only Saturday to Saturday rentals during a specific season (June to August)? I thought I fixed it, but I am still getting inquiries for shorter stays and I hate to disappoint the potential renters. Thanks for your help!

1 Best Answer
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Hi @Meghan18 Yes, you can add that under Availability Settings --> Add a requirement for seasons or week-ends --> a pop up will appear where you can tailor it to your specifications. Hope that helps - Karen

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Hi @Meghan18 Yes, you can add that under Availability Settings --> Add a requirement for seasons or week-ends --> a pop up will appear where you can tailor it to your specifications. Hope that helps - Karen

Meghan18
Level 1
Havertown, PA

Thank you so much! That was so simple!!

Scott393
Level 2
Empire, MI

TO AIRBNB MANAGEMENT:

We have the same problem - Not knowing better, we signed up for instant booking, not realizing that we would get many Friday to Monday Bookings which we had to cancel!  Our long term Guests stay Saturday to Saturday, June 16 to September 1, 2018.  We have since canceled Instant Booking, but the damage has been done.  For example, the week of  August 11 to 18 shows a Booking from Friday, August 17 to Monday, August 20 (YUBIN). 

THIS CANCELED BOOKING IS STILL BEING SHOWN ON OUR CALENDAR, TOTALLY SCREWING UP ANY CHANCE FOR A LEGITIMATE AUGUST 11 TO 18 BOOKING AND SCREWING UP THE FOLLOWING WEEK OF AUGUST 18 TO AUGUST 25 AS WELL!!!

WE ARE BEING "PUNISHED" FOR A LEGITIMATE CANCELATION WHICH DOES NOT CONFORM TO OUR SATURDAY TO SATURDAY POLICY!!

Our location IS ON GLEN LAKE  inside the Heart of the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park, Glen Arbor and the Park Headquarters.    This setting  makes our Listing very exclusive and justifys our $2000 per week Guest fee.  We have the lowest weekly rental rate of ANY PROPERTY ON GLEN LAKE for a Cottage sleeping 8 Guests.

Our offer of 4 FREE KAYAKS included with our Cottage is the ONLY OFFER for these extras - No other Glen Lake Rental Property matches this.  This too adds substantial value to our Cottage Listing - The weekly fee for kayaks at the local Marina is $800 per week for 4 Kayaks.

Over 50% Of our summer rentals are pre-booked permanently by long term Guests who have returned for the same 2 WEEKS FOR OVER 30 YEARS!!

Please "UNLIST" YUBIN FROM Friday, August 17 to Monday, August 20, so those 2 weeks can be listed accordingly to our SATURDAY TO SATURDAY POLICY!! 

SCOTT SEWARD - OWNER SINCE 1988  

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Scott393 The penalties for canceling a reservation include not being a Superhost for a year, getting a public review that shows you canceled, paying a cancellation fee, and having the canceled nights blocked on your calendar. Unless you had the Saturday to Saturday policy setup in your listing availablity when the booking took place the dates will remain blocked. If it was in fact already in place and AirBnB let them book it in error then call AirBnB.

AirBnB number:

United States and Canada

+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

@Letti0 you mentioned a "Saturday to Saturday policy". Is this a setting that can be configured in Airbnb to eliminate checkins on other days or something you simply have to state very clearly in your description?

Thank you for your insights.

Ryan816
Level 1
Savage, MD

You CANNOT do saturday to saturday. Best you can do is set it to a minimum 7 night stay during the season and set check in days to mandatory Saturdays, but there is nothing stopping someone from booking like 8 days Saturday to Sunday, thereby ruining the week for you after that. Shame on AirBnB for not fixing this yet!

I agree!!  It's a simple fix...offer an option for required checkout day in addition to the required check-in day.  Saturday to Saturday is such a standard rental period in resort areas, it is absurd that Airbnb can't take a little initiative to restrict the tail end of a reservation like they do the front end.

So there is no way to restrict bookings to Sat-Sat only? That seems like quite an oversight on Airbnb's part, if that's the case.