Selling my condo

Answered!
Georgia229
Level 1
Denver, CO

Selling my condo

I’m selling my condo and will need to cancel many reservations.

1) I live in my condo now

2) I’m getting married soon and will be moving to my husbands house 

3) the city of Denver won’t let me host unless my condo is my “usual place of return”

4) I plan on living with my husband after we’re married so I won’t be able to host anymore

5) because Of this City Policy I will be forced to sell my condo before I move in with my husband 

i do not want to cancel the reservations, I do not want to sell, but I’ll have to sign an affidavit saying I return to my condo at night after I married and I won’t. So I won’t lie. How do I cancel all these reservations and take down my listing before I sell?

I’m planning ahead since I don’t know what the timing will be to sell.

1 Best Answer
Lyn3
Level 10
Mapleton, Australia

Hi @Georgia229  Just wondering how far into the future do your upcoming reservations go?

One option that you haven't mentioned....Rather than cancel the reservations, perhaps your future husband and yourself could live in your condo and host these upcoming reservations, and then you both move to his house?  You would need to block your calendar now for the dates immediately following the reservations already in place.

Could this work for you and keep your future guests happy plus give you the income from the bookings?

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Lyn3
Level 10
Mapleton, Australia

Hi @Georgia229  Just wondering how far into the future do your upcoming reservations go?

One option that you haven't mentioned....Rather than cancel the reservations, perhaps your future husband and yourself could live in your condo and host these upcoming reservations, and then you both move to his house?  You would need to block your calendar now for the dates immediately following the reservations already in place.

Could this work for you and keep your future guests happy plus give you the income from the bookings?

Thank you for your reply! I will talk to him about this.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I would think this City policy is related to short term rentals and not imposed on long term rentals, right?  Usually in the US, a long term rental is over 30 days.  Long term is subject to tenant/landlord regulations and that is another situation entirely.  If you are seeking a way to keep your condo and not have to sell it, you could immediately change your minimum stay to 30 days and see if you get bookings.

Then you could stay in your condo in between the current reservations to satisfy the City policy until these reservations are finished.  Think it might work?