Sending special offer to previous guest

Bob39
Level 10
Goldfield, NV

Sending special offer to previous guest

A guest stayed at my house 2 months ago, for a 5-night special offer, and they want to stay again for 3 nights. They told me this via Facebook. I want to send them a new special offer for this, but neither the app nor the web site will allow me to send them a special offer. How can I do this?

9 Replies 9
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Bob39

Bob- I believe they will have to make the first move and request the dates from you - once booked you can amend the price to your agreed discount. Remember any price you quote will be plus the AirBnB booking fee that guests are charged.

Thank you for your reply. I will do that, but I think that is stupid on the part of Airbnb to make the guest go through all of that. This is an established guest who has stayed 2 times already. I should be able to send them a special offer, they approve it and that's it. They should not be required to go back to the listing and start all over again as if they are a brnd new guest. This is a flaw in the Airbnb software.

Diana133
Level 3
Eastbourne, GB

I was able to do this recently. I went to the guest's booking in Messages. There is a panel on the left headed Reservation Details. Scroll down and under "You earn £.. ", there is a box "Send special offer". Click on that and enter the dates of your offer. This creates a new special offer.

Alex168
Level 5
London, United Kingdom

This option does not always appear, eg when a guest is staying you cannot send them an offer for another stay. Airbnb could fix the issue by simply ensuring the option is always visible.

Alex168
Level 5
London, United Kingdom

AIRBNB ... nearly 2 years later and this simple thing is not fixed.. please sort out CRM or do you want to lose all repeat bookings? Direct booking is a hassle, as a host i'd rather use Airbnb if it's easy but it's not.

Lisa673
Level 2
Ann Arbor, MI

This post is quite old.  Is this fixed yet?

Josh1349
Level 3
Leesburg, VA

Still no option to send a special offer to a guest who has a future booking with you already. 😞 

Dani10388
Level 2
Hillsborough, NC

Nope, fighting with it now, and guest is PISSED at having to jump through shifting hoops.

Leigha24
Level 2
Finlayson, MN

We’re having this problem, too.  A previous guest is trying to book a future stay, and the option for “send special offer” isn’t coming up at all.  It’s very frustrating for both hosts and guests.

Why AirBnB doesn’t just flat-out allow custom coupon codes like every other site known to mankind is beyond me.