Service fee is a negative amount

Lola331
Level 1
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Service fee is a negative amount

I must have one of my settings on pricing wrong because I just had a request for 10 days.  It gives a weekly discount which is right but the service fee is a negative number.  Any thoughts on what is triggering this?

Thanks,

Lola

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lola331  Service fees have nothing to do with your settings, aside from the option to have split host/guest fees or host-pays-all-fees. Airbnb determines its service fees. 

Can you post a screenshot  of what you are talking about? Charges can't be a negative amount.

P.S. 101 photos is way too many, plus there are many duplicate photos in your gallery. Edit it down to maybe 50 photos, max. 

And your listing description is very scanty. You haven't really described the apartment at all. 

Lola331
Level 1
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Thanks Sarah.

Duh...I misread it.  It was a deduction from my proceeds which a service fee would be.  

Best regards,

Lola

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lola331  That's what I figured- you were mistaking a minus sign for a negative amount. 🙂

I once had a momentary panic attack, thinking there was a major glitch, as my listing price was showing as 15 times what I charge. Then I realized I was looking at it in incognito mode, so it was picking up my IP address and showing the price in pesos, rather than Canadian dollars, as it appears on my hosting pages. Duh.