Service fees

Answered!
Edreen0
Level 3
Auckland, New Zealand

Service fees

Last week I received a brief announcement form airbnb that said all service fees, guests 12%  and host 3% total 15% will be deducted from host total amount. W H A T.  There was no information regarding when this will apply, if we have any say in this method, or what we can do to compensate for an increase or 12% deducted from our total income.

Today I received and Instant Booking for May 6th and this new service fee deduction policy  has been applied. No service fee  deducted from the Guest total payment. 15% from mine,  the host. O M G. This is a rip off in light of so many other disadvantages Covid etc has brought about.

Airbnb seem to have lost the plot completely. They are focused on Guests and have little consideration for Hosts who are the basis of their business providing cash flow that Airbnb can invest until payout time. Frequently this is months rather than days giving them interest on on top of service fees. We are their cash cow.

For the first time in 7 years I am considering other platforms. Edreen Auckland NZ

1 Best Answer
Edreen0
Level 3
Auckland, New Zealand

Under "payments and payouts", tab "service fees" There is NO tab for service fees.

I did not ask for Host only.

I do not agree with host only. 

I want split fee.

How do I reset so that I have split fee.

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Edreen0 

It seems to me you missed a lot of information regarding this subject.

The "host-only" fee replaces the "split-fee" structure. It means you have to increase your prices, so guest will pay the same total amount. More information can be found here:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1857/airbnb-service-fees

Also your account will show information in section "payments and payouts", tab "service fees".

in some regions host can choose the fee-structure they prefer, if available it will also show the options.

I am new , can someone tell me where I can ad the service fee and cleaning fee thanks manuela

Edreen0
Level 3
Auckland, New Zealand

Under "payments and payouts", tab "service fees" There is NO tab for service fees.

I did not ask for Host only.

I do not agree with host only. 

I want split fee.

How do I reset so that I have split fee.

Hi we are new to air bnb & have been advised by other host that fee was 3%, just had our first booking & charged 17%

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Terry718  I see you have 7 listings. If you are a software connected host, you  may have no choice in that- you may have to be on the "host pays all" service fee structure. If this is the case, you have to raise your nightly price to cover that discrepancy. 

The end price to guests would then be approximately the same as if you paid 3% and the guest paid the guest service fee of a little over 14%. They just don't see a sevice fee as a separate line item, it's an all- inclusive price.

BTW, you need to go back and edit your listing description. You have provided no information about your listings at all. Take a look at other host's listings to see what a proper, informative listing description consists of.

Manuela1034
Level 1
United Kingdom

Hello I am new to airbnb - just put in my first ad, where can I ad my cleaning fees and service fees , can someone help me please thanks Manuela 

Michael7262
Level 1
Sant Fruitós de Bages, Spain

I am a guest of a very nice AirBnB in Italy, and was shocked when I thought I had to pay 626.52€ for the rent, plus only 5€ for a cleaning fee (must be the lowest in history), PLUS 81.13€ for a client's service fee (must be the highest in history).   I mean: WHAT DO I GET FOR MY 81€ ??? AirBnB, please tell me! When I discussed this with my host she told me she had 23.11€ lopped off her income as well. So I ask AirBnB: what do WE get for the 104€?? I'm sure if someone had the entrepreneurship to set up an independent insurance agency against possible things going wrong (e.g., we just had a mild earthquake here in central Italy, luckily no damage or loss of life!), it would be much cheaper than 104€. This is ridiculous. I really hope that the other systems of house-sharing, house-swopping and any other innovative accommodation ideas take over to introduce some more competition in this market. I feel like I've been robbed!!!

Abdelmalek3
Level 2
Agadir, Morocco

I do not know of these procedures for Morocco. But they may want to apply the same policy booking The debtors depend on the host to pay all the fees while the guest has no bank .sinks up to 17,%

Abdelmalek