Setting a price for known busy period

Answered!

Setting a price for known busy period

Hi,

I am a new host.

Where I live the town can get totally booked out at certain periods for events.  Is there a way that I can put a specific price on at the period.  I did select the smart pricing (forgotten what it is called precisely) but it hasn’t picked up that it is a very busy time and I have already received a booking at the normal low rate.  🥴

1 Best Answer

@Leonie141 "Smart" Pricing is not your friend - it's designed to suppress prices in relation to competing platforms, and it has nothing to do with the value of your listing. You can always manually adjust the room rates in your calendar as you see fit. 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5

@Leonie141 "Smart" Pricing is not your friend - it's designed to suppress prices in relation to competing platforms, and it has nothing to do with the value of your listing. You can always manually adjust the room rates in your calendar as you see fit. 

Thank you 👍😊

Smart pricing is awful, wouldn't use it even when it comes from other tools.

Is 100% more convenient to adjust your price manually, if by any chance you'd like some insight from your area to base your price or check on your competition you should try Airbtics for that. Great accurate data and you'll still have full control over your price!

@Delia223  I've never heard of Airbtics and am intrigued.  I've used Airdna before and found their insights useful.  Will check Airbtics out.

@Leonie141  Once you decide on a good price, you can use Smart Pricing, as long as you set the minimum at your price (not the suggested price).  You will then want to turn it off and set your own price for in-demand dates.

I looked at Airbtics and I'm still intrigued, but $150 a month seems like a lot.  I think it's aimed at large-scale property managers and real estate investors.  Airdna is user-friendly and helps you get a good picture of your area, but one subscription covers only one zip code.  I'm interested in the whole small peninsula where my Airbnb is located, but could only see data for my town when I subscribed to Airdna, so only used it for a few months.  There's another player in this space called Mashable that I haven't used.  Has anyone else tried them?